Friday, January 17, 2020

~ STUMPED ~



 SO today has me following my creative muse of 
"STUMPWORK"
{{ Stumpwork or raised work is a style of embroidery in which the stitched figures are raised from the surface of the work to form a 3-dimensional effect. Technique Stitches can be worked around pieces of wire to create individual forms such as leaves, insect wings or flower petals. Wikipedia }}

 I have done some before, like this drizzle-stitch sheep from last year ~
{now resides in private collection}


and this work, 
my very first attempt at picot stitch &raised cup stitch 
and bullion stitch


not bad, but I am feeling that pull to do more...



my mind is swirling with ideas and I can't wait to begin again...
 How may of my followers do Stumpwork Embroidery?

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

4 comments:

NMK said...

Oh my gosh Lori this is so pretty !!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wow!! Beautiful ❤❤. A friend tried to teach me how to do the bullion stitch...it does take practice and yours is wonderful. Thank you for sharing "Lori"!!
Carolyn

UmaKathy said...

I have to laugh -- your post is soooooo timely. Just a day or two ago, I heard the words Stump Embroidery and wondered just what is that? Your work is so lovely and enticing, but likely out of my skill level.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is really pretty. I haven't done much stumpwork, but I think there will be more in my future.