Monday, May 20, 2019

~ Sunny Monday Musings ~


 Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
Happy Monday to you all....

a slight bit cooler this morning, temps yesterday were too hot for me.
I am an Autumn girl and don't much like the hot weather ~ altho we do live in the South
and it is known to be hot here in late Spring thru early Autumn!

while the temps were still cool-enough for me to enjoy being outdoors,
I took my cup of tea and my camera out to the front porch and patio...

just some snaps of our surroundings here at the Farm for you to enjoy:

my happy place

Egyptian or 'walking' onions from a dear friend ~

largest of the banana trees ~

baby banana trees...


italian oregano, garlic chives, chocolate mint and 'volunteer' black eyed susans ~

Mock Orange by the front gate...

hostas & bittersweet

boston ferns, hosta, bittersweet & nandina

honeysuckle, more hosta ~ foxglove & lily of the valley ~


welcome!

petunias

honeysuckle

true dat.







Hoping your day is filled with wonder & simple beauty ~

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

11 comments:

linda said...

Love all your garden spaces, such sweet smells, color, and texture. Just curious do the banana trees survive the winter outside or do you bring them in?

Robin in Virginia said...

Lori, your Hostas are gorgeous. Everything is greening up and looking fabulous in your neck of Virginia. Thank you for sharing!

Jane said...

Everything is lovely!!

Penny said...

Oh my, everything is so lovely! What a beautiful, peaceful farm!

NMK said...

So pretty !!! Love the Mock Orange !!!

denise said...

Beautiful

Barb said...

I absolutely love your garden area. My mock orange is not blooming as yet but here in the NW it is cooler.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....packing my bags and critters and moving to Virginia LOL. Wow...I can’t believe the lushness and greenness.... We are greening up here too finally, but our daffodils and tulips have just started blooming and our trees are not completely leafed out yet.... I went in search of my Hostas and ferns today and cannot find nary a peek of one....And I will lucky to have a foxglove knee high by the 4th of July LOL. You truly have a beautiful farm my friend. ~I think I would never leave that patio table. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

a lovely place to have your tea! I have the walking onions and they are pretty prolific I am in the north east and that is the first thing I can harvest. as soon as the snow goes.
Cathy

LaNelle said...

You & Peter have created a fabulous peaceful haven in which to live and be creative....blessings, LaNelle

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Thank you for the lovely tour!!! Down from Canada in NC and
I am loving the heat.
Hostas are great as they fill in the shaded spots so well.
My hubby doesn’t care for them though and calls them
“hostiles “🤣