Saturday, April 20, 2019

~ Fudge & Nuts! ~

This post has nothing to do with fudge...
or nuts for that matter.
but
I'm sure you can figure out a couple of choice words I may have used, 
and perhaps may have even concocted a few new 'choice' words 
~ when I got to the other side of my border that I was stitching
and this happened:


I will not fret over this.
{I keep telling myself} 
I will not fret!

instead ~ 
I will embrace the mistake as being "inspired" by those school girl samplers of long ago,
whose borders didn't quite meet up either:






I do have a perfect verse that I will be including within this humble border of mine tho,
one that speaks of my frustration upon realizing my mistake, but also with a bit of humor...

on to the next portion of the border next...
stay tuned!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

forgot to mention I had to turn on Comment Moderation due to spamming comments ~

The Eveningstitcher said...

I had to turn on moderation as well...too many spamming comments from languages I did not know! Anyway...your border is a "Happy Accident"....I love when they don't come out exact (I guess that because mine never do). I love the color of your linen and floss. Happy Easter, Lori...I hope you'll be spending time with Hannah!

Holly said...

I was told by an Amish woman that when they make a quilt they always make a small mistake. The reason...they do not want to offend God as only he can make perfection.

Holly said...

I was told by an Amish woman that when they make a quilt they always make a small mistake. The reason...they do not want to offend God as only he can make perfection.

Holly said...

I was told by an Amish woman that when they make a quilt they always make a small mistake. The reason...they do not want to offend God as only he can make perfection.

Krissy B. said...

And we too will embrace the boarder as it is when we buy the pattern. The love hate relationship with boarders will go on forever. I love the look but always , as you say, fret when doing one.

Mugwump Woolies said...

I love this post! I am quite fond of things that turn out a little differently than planned. Special is good...and these sweet samplers are, indeed, sweet and special. Your border is as well. :)
Robyn

TheCrankyCrow said...

There is something so beautifully perfect about imperfections such as this. I remember the very first reproduction sampler I stitched...somehow I “fudged” it and ended up not replicating, but rather “correcting,” an “imperfection” in the border. What a “hello” moment that was. I love the your beautifully imperfect border and can’t wait to see more....and, hey....looks like you’re in some amazing company....those schoolgirl samplers are drop-dead gorgeous!! ~Robin~