Thursday, January 17, 2019

~ tiny little x’s ~

....can you believe it?
I am cross stitching again ~
With the help of my very low vision reader glasses,
I am able to work those little stitches again!
Although I am working on a large count linen ~ 20 count to be precise...


The linen was purchased last year at a quaint little shop called 
Hodge Podge, located in Strasburg, PA ~ 


It is a beautiful cream colored linen, that I have overdyed a bit for an old look.
The cartouche has the date 1821 and the name Hannah in progress of being stitched both over one with 2 strands of cotton and also over 2 with 2 strands of the same cotton.


This will have a basket of embroidered florals and leaves around it,
just like an early sampler from days gone by ~

~ Pattern coming soon ~



Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

5 comments:

Penny said...

Can’t wait to see the finished project! Cross stitch is the only handcraft I know how to do. If I lived close to you, I’d be at all your classes!

Prims By The Water said...

The word Hannah is hard to see right now..but am sure your new creation will be beautiful aseer. Janice

Unknown said...

I'm struggling with my vision on my hand work. I keep going up in magnification, but not helping much. Also may I ask about a link to your shop? I just found you via @finallyafarmgirl love the looks of your account and I'm now following. Blessings, Kelly

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am so glad you are back to your x’s....I know you have missed it (although you kept yourself amazingly and beautifully preoccupied with other stitches while you were away!). I struggle with eyesight these days as well....I have high magnification readers and put my work under a magnifying lamp on top of it.... I also shy away from high count linens...about 35 is all I will do, and that sometimes frustrates me. I guess I never even knew there was a 20 count... it is truly beautiful...I would have never thought it to be 20..... Looking forward to the pattern. I am loving what I am seeing so far! Robin

carolyn said...

I’m so happy to see you cross stitching again. The piece is lovely.