Sunday, October 21, 2018

~ Sunday Morning Musings ~

Good Morning Friends and Folk ~

Bright sunshine, winds and a chill in the air on tap for today here at the farm...
the last leaves on our black walnut trees are blowing away now, 
~ leaving their skeletal silhouettes against the azure blue October sky.

Yesterday I once again picked up my punch needle and threads,
feeling the need to create with them this little 
"Kitten in a Mitten" ornament...
 

I punched this using different heights for a dimensional effect ~
 

I love the jumble of tangled-joy in my little work basket ~ 


once the punching was finished, I backed the ornament with cardboard and calico, added tiny beads for eyes, some colonial knots for teeth ~
and a rusty wire curlicue hanger...
 

I am working on a few more ornaments like this, 
...and these will be available soon as PDF & Mailed patterns.


I wanted to show you how I finished the binding on my Holly Olde Santa rug:
I used a wide cut of wool and simply hand sewed it on ~


it was off the bolt wool that I hand dyed using my marigold heads ~
love the natural color the dried flower heads added to the checked wool...
 


Holly Olde Santa will be offered as a pattern too,
 PDF, Paper & a few on Linen for you...

Hoping you all have a very peaceful & creative Sunday my friends!!
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

6 comments:

NMK said...

This Kitty is adorable & the Santa is Wonderful !!!! Can't wait to get these patterns & more !!!! I am having major foot surgery & will be off one foot for 8 weeks ...So I NEED lots of Fun busy work !!!!

littlemancat said...

Love the kitty and Santa! How I wish I lived close enough to attend your workshops and learn how to do these lovely projects!
Mary

Saundra said...

Sweet kitty ornament!!! Santa is handsome as well.

Jane said...

Your creativity is endless!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love your new hooked rug design and I can't wait for the listing on Etsy...your needle punch kitty is adorable!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
As always, your designs are just wonderful!! Love the sweet kitty ornament and Santa rug, too!! Also, that basket of floss makes my heart sing!!!
Thanks for sharing your talent and being such an inspiration!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie