Friday, December 08, 2017

~ Snow Day? ~

could there really be 
S N O W
in the forecast? 
{fingers, toes, legs and eyes are crossed}
but, if those flakes don't fall from the sky ~ I can still make it snow somehow!
...with my needle, thread or hook and wool of course ;)

here is a little hook-ling that I finished yesterday...
please meet "Mr. Jingles" 
~ a snappy little snow-guy who loves to prune his holly bushes!
the pattern for Mr. Jingles will be available soon, in paper or PDF and also on serged linen.
 I am working on a sort-of 'companion' for him {here's a hint: cookies}
....and will show you snaps of that later this aft on my IG or FB pages.


I have been a Hooker-by-day, Stitcher-by-night lately!
just the opposite of what I usually am.... 
hooking in the shop during the day, then coming into the farmhouse to stitch at night.
 
working on this ~
a design to be in a wonderful magazine come Spring!


I'm enjoying the linen, 36ct 'Bark' Edinburgh from Wichelt
and DMC threads.


our Christmas cactus is beautiful this year ~
so many blossoms!


... and here is the extent of my farmhouse holiday/winter decorating thus far:
 

tree is up but no decorations on it {yet}!
{to tell the truth, I love the simple white lights only}
 

I just want to keep it simple. tuck in a few fresh greens and I'll be done.
 

Don't Forget!
we are OPEN TODAY from 10:00 - 3:00
and tomorrow {Sat. Dec. 9th 10:00 - 3:00} is the LAST DAY of our Holiday Open House Week
and rumor has it that Santa & Mrs Claus 
may stop in for a cookie or two, so you may just meet them while you're here!
 

Hoping your day is Merry & Bright and full of all things creative!
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That linen looks lovely...its texture! And the colors of the little house complement it beautifully. It's so satisfying to work with such threads and material. It makes each stitch a delight. Love your holly-trimming little snow guy, Lori...and your tree just as it is. :)

Susie H said...

Love your simple Christmas tree. I agree ... perfect with white twinkling lights!

Unknown said...

The snowman design,i was wondering if it will be available in a cross stitch pattern..beautiful room and tree..

denise said...

love your tree and mr.jingles is adorable! i had to buy 2 new christmas cactus this year as the squirrels ate mine down to the nubs.good news is they are slowly coming back.