Wednesday, September 13, 2017

~ The Pig is Flying!! ~

 Finally ~
 finished with my hooked rug model for
'When Pigs Fly'

and I have to say, this was a fun hook!


from choosing just the right wools, to using a combination of cuts {#7 - #8.5} 
and pulling loops every evening ~
I have loved every minute of working on & hooking this :)
 

The first loop on this rug was pulled at Sauder Rug Hooking Week,
and I just put the last stitch in the binding this evening.

I love that feeling when a rug is done!
 

oh how I love to design 'primsical' rugs...
{ok, cross stitch, punch needle, etc.} and this is no exception to that rule ~


remember the background wool? 
it is called 'Chocolate Bark Sparkle' from Tow Old Crows in NJ ~
and I did worm-in a bit of black wool to offset the *sparkle* of gold in the Chocolate Bark...


I re-hooked the pig and the broom a couple of times 
but I am super happy with it now!


{ the smirk on that pig's face makes me chuckle } 


The pattern for When Pigs Fly will be available in paper form and on linen here at the show this weekend, and will also be listed in our Etsy shop next week, available as a PDf pattern too ~
yay!!
 


I hope you like it ~
 ...on to the next! 

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori