Wednesday, January 11, 2017

~ Wool Works ~

I'm SO excited!!!

...not only to be included in the Premier issue of
Wool Works Magazine
I am just as excited to receive my copy in the mail!

... just look at this beautiful cover ~
featuring the sweet design for rug hooking by 
Yvonne Buus of Vintage Heart Rug Designs



 I'm honored to be amongst these talented artisans:

Artist Lori Ann Corelis - The Spotted Hare
www.thespottedhare.com

Karen Hahn of Horse and Buggy Country
Horse and Buggy Country on Etsy

Phyllis Jackson of Winterberry Cabin
www.winterberrycabin.com

Laurie Lausen of LJ Fibers at The Wooly Red Rug
www.woolyredrug.com

Folk Artist Rebekah L. Smith
www.rebekahlsmith.com

Cathy Wagner of Cath's Pennies Designs
www.cathspenniesdesigns.com

Here is my project included in the first issue for you...
a combination of dimensional punch needle and primitive rug hooking, 
... and a design I named
"Waiting"
{as in;  waiting for the magazine to get here, 
waiting for those robin's eggs to hatch, waiting for Spring!}

i hope you love it :)


If you haven't already subscribed to Wool Works Magazine, 
well, what are you waiting for?
{pun intended}

And
here is my Day Eleven finish for the
1 Year of Stitches Project ~

I added a teeny little sheep!
 


I thought it would be apropos for the 'wool works' theme of this posting today ~
just look at those minuscule french knots!  




 I spent the majority of yesterday on the sofa ~
have been hit with a cold that has me coughing and feeling under the weather.
hot tea with ginger, lemon & honey
lots of water
tissues
heating pad {read: CAT!}
and surrounded with magazines and piles of wool, threads & linen.

'Peter has been taking good care of me, and today I am making chicken soup.
 It's warmer out 'there' today, melting the snow & ice a bit....
~ but I'll opt to stay put by the wood stove.
 

Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

11 comments:

Patti said...

Can't wait to get my copy! I couldn't help but subscribe as soon as I heard about it ;)
I'm thinking that "Waiting" might need to be done in wool applique... Ideas are forming!
Blessings, Patti

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, dear Lori!! Another "feather" in your stitching cap! I'm waiting for my issue, too…subscribed back when you mentioned it the very first time. Your robin and her nest(eggs) are brilliant…such color! Get well soon...

Karen said...

Your piece is delightful! I look forward to seeing the issue. I have a question about the Primitive Stitcher's Society Retreat. Is it for vendors only or can other's attend the show also? Thank you and hope you are better soon!

denise said...

Feel betteršŸ˜·

Rugs and Pugs said...

Looking forward to receiving my copy! Hope you are feeling better.

Susie H said...

Waiting on my copy too! Nothing like a warm stove, a good magazine, a sweet kitty, and a cup of tea to get you feeling better!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,, feel better soon,,,, lots of bugs around here too,,,,, not nice,,,, love the look of the new magazine,,,, yours is lovely,,,,, combining punching and hooking! My favorites!!

acorn hollow said...

I am not so patiently waiting
cathy

Winnie said...

Congratulations Lori!! I hope you will be feeling better soon! Glad you have a warm kitty , warm stove and lots of hot ginger tea to help relieve the symptoms.

Susan said...

Congratulations! I only cross-stitch and make silly little things but I love watching your projects come to life.

VLPDevore said...

OH! You've made me want Spring so much with the beautiful black-eyed susans!! The yellow is fantastic! Haven't even read the blog yet, but am going to subscribe to mag. Thanks for all you share.