Friday, April 22, 2016

~ Gear-Switching ~

Happy Friday
~ Friends & Folk ~

it is a cloudy morning here at the farm…
we could use a little rain to help our returning garden-sprouts!
{and for our fur & feathered friends as well }

I think it will be a great day to enjoy the comforts of my stitching chair and watch a few old movies.

I am almost finished with my Bee Witched rug.
I probably have only a few more loops to pull in the background, then begin the edging.
but
I have also been plying my needle & thread once again…
{{ I heard their lonely cries from deep within my sewing basket }}
…and who am I not to oblige?

when I'm hooking, my mind wanders to stitching.
when I'm stitching,
my thoughts turn to punch needle… 
~ the gears in my brain are always switching!




here's what is in my hoop at the moment:
"Huswifery"




An old tattered pin-ball & an equally as old thread stand 
keep me company while I work.




surrounding myself with things from the past seems to coax my mind to another time…
bringing thread & linen to life with each stitch.

~ listening to the pull of the stitches calms my hurried soul.

I am using all DMC threads {1 over 2} and am stitching on Weeks' 36ct "Linen".




I'll share the finish of 
"Huswifery"
very soon ~





… hoping you enjoy your day…relish some quiet-time & handwork.
It's so good for the soul!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful stitching, Lori…love the old needlework tools, too, as using needlework tools of the past
puts us in touch with times before us. It's sunny and gorgeous here today, and I finally got my new plant purchases in the ground. Stitching will come later this afternoon when I'm ready for quiet down-time. Have a peaceful day!

Patti said...

Love! <3
Blessings, Patti

JoanneS said...

Love your posts !!! I thought I was the only one who's brain wanders and won't be still with what's in hand �� Working on a penny rug ... Dreaming of stitching ❤️

The Eveningstitcher said...

Beautiful! I wish I could just stitch at will and it would come out looking lovely! Your design is gorgeous and I'm so happy you are using DMC not to mention a "hoop"! Great post...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It's cloudy and drizzley here, too! Sitting in my chair, under the daylight light, with mind usually wandering, enjoying stitching. Can't wait to see your finish. Do we need to learn more about the pin ball, there? Hugs!

Krissy B. said...

You are killing me ya know!! What a great way to go! I'm loving the boy and his pooch in your header photo. I'd love to see that dog in person. Very fun! Krissy B..... I'm also loving my new hook! I guess I should order the other 2 shapes at some point so I can pick a color for my mood. You 2 are so wonderfully talented!

Unknown said...

Good Friday! Oh! That thread stand is lovely! I do have some vintage wooden spools and I think I'll put some cross stitch bits banded around them.

It was nice enough this morning to mow the dandelions (!). Now the clouds are gathering, and yes, it's uncommon dry for spring!

Resting from mowing & going to pick up some cross stitch. Your new design is intriguing.

janice15 said...

Such lovely stitching. My mind never stays on one project long either. Happy Friday and weekend with love Janice

elaine allerton said...

Lori,, love ur pics!! Used to do cross stitch,,,, but not now,,, tho saw ur stitching video and could get back to that ,,, maybe,,,, love rug hooking now,,,,
Hope u get some rain,,,, enjoying ur blogs,,,,

Unknown said...

Love your new stitch!
My mind always wanders to other forms of stitching...just love all of it...but take a fancy to certain types at different times! haven't done much knitting and crocheting in a long time! Sorry to ramble on so!

Martha