Wednesday, January 27, 2016

~ Show-bound ~


~ that's right…
SHOW bound, 
… not snow bound!

Join us on Saturday February 6th {Snow Date February 20th}
for the 

I am working on finished, one of a kind things to bring along to fill our booth….
like this little guy below, who will become a piece of wearable folk art ~

hello!

as you can clearly see
my worktable is overflowing with scraps 
 ~ as I create small "canvases" to stitch upon….




~ my happy creative chaos ~




I throw nothing away….
~ not even the smallest particle of fabric.
… I use it simply for the stuffing of my work.




old quilts that have become too threadbare to turn into anything else
 usually holds wonderful genuine cotton batting inside them
aside from our organic sawdust & lavender
 ~ it is my most preferred material for stuffing these smaller works…




adding a bit of our lavender to the stuffing of my wearable folk art 
such as my brooches and pins & necklaces
lets you enjoy the relaxing scent while you wear them :)




pins & needles
needles & pins
when a man marries
his trouble begins




Peter knows too well not to complain about the disarray of my studio…
I have sharp objects!
 ha!




this little work is almost finished…
needs a few more stitches
then I'll add some of my collected bits 
to finish them.





Hoping you all make time today to be creative ~
why not try something new?!!!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

3 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

...and I imagine you've been known to run with scissors!! Love seeing your methods of creation. Happy show time!

Anonymous said...

Busy hands are happy hands, and your hands are the happiest! Sweet treasures!

moosecraft said...

Oh my!!! I love that little tulip!!!