Thursday, November 05, 2015

Preferred Methods ~

After weeks of punching loops, 
… pulling loops and pulling threads through linen by hand,
the time has come for the finishing work to be done…
by foot!



…and my preferred method of sewing to finish off my projects is by way of this ~
my beloved PFAFF Treadle #31




she is black & gold with shiny chrome accoutrements ~ sleek & sexy 
and she hums when she's happily stitching along :)




I love to sit at her side by the natural light of my south-facing window
~ here in my sewing room….

Many things have been stitched together by me through her pedal-power.
and sometimes when I am working with her, 
I wonder just how many dresses, curtains and everyday items were created with her help?

~ secrets only she knows now….



Hoping you all can spend your day making memories
 by doing something creative!

~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy peddling! She's a beaut!!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I learned to sew on my mother's treadle sewing machine which I now own. This post made me think that I need to get it out, clean it up and sew with it again. There is not a feeling to compare to sewing on a treadle machine!

Barbara said...

Had them when I started high school! Wish I had one now!

Marie said...

Sounds like a happy love affair. Great little stocking.

Mugwump Woolies said...

She's a beauty! I learned to sew on my mother's Singer treadle machine. It had such a lovely stitch. Miss that gentle hum and the soothing motion of that old workhorse. Enjoy your stitching!
Robyn

Rock River Stitches said...

Gorgeous machine! Would love to sew on a oldie, just once.

Tammy

Lady Locust said...

I have my great-grandmother's treadle Singer. Don't you just love the quite rhythm and control with those old beauties?

Ronda said...

Perfect Lori! I remember playing with an old treadle Home machine as a kid.

Unknown said...

I made many skirts and blouses on my Mom's treadle machine in the 50's. Being tall, 6 ft 2", I had to make a lot of my own clothes. I am under 6 ft. now...shrinking! lol I wish I had Mom's Singer treadle now...yours is just beautiful!

Anne said...

Happy sewing! me too, i learned to sew on my mom's Singer treadle. and it sang too! :) not clumpity clump like the new machine! :) love to see your stocking completed!