Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Mid-week Musings ~


...here it is Wednesday morning already ~
wow this week is flying' by!

we have had such nice weather ~ warm, sun, rain…
everything early April is supposed to be in Virginia.

here's our old farmhouse ~
oh she needs to be sided badly.

with every rainstorm she loses more & more of her paint…
but I love her still.




the warm temps and rains have been good to the soil here…
we already have patches of sweet annie all over the yard!!




our double-headed daffodils are full and sweet-smelling




...and our buttercup daffy's are soaking up the rains
gently nodding to us in approval ~




our little grape hyacinth that cousin Charlie gifted us with are in full-bloom ~
their deep-purple clusters are an eye opening pop of color…




~ I love them so ~





the tiny violas have again visited our lawns and the edges of our woods ~
their tiny faces smiling towards the sun.





you can keep fancy flowers ~
give me woodland & wildflowers and I'll love you forever!




here's our little farmshop in the morning fog…
waiting for the weekend to be once again opened up and filled with friendship & laughter ~




outside the shop's fence stands a small-but-strong forsythia…
wearing a changing dress of her flowers into young green leaves ~




...here is my Harry Lauder Walking Stick bush ~
it is awesome! 
it is now almost 5 yrs old and has grown healthy & strong...




at the moment, it has made it's catkins 
...and they will turn yellow before dropping off and the leaves will begin to grow.




can you see how wonky the branches grow?
this-way-&-that ~ 



our dear, sweet & faithful old-man dog 'Lazy'
was snoozing on the barn porch before being woken up by a guinea hen…
don't you love the look on Lazy's face?




and here's our bad-girl 'Roxy'…
she is not really bad.
well, she can be. 
not mean or anything like that,
 ...just very head-strong and sometimes just doesn't want to cooperate.
~ a typical child.

we love her still :)




I finished the first design in the 
Farmhouse Chores 
series of punch needle that I'm working on…
~ here's a snippet:




~ and the one below will be finished today,
then the third will be started….





Have a beautiful day my Friends ~
find joy in every little thing!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

17 comments:

denise said...

Happy Stitching!:-D

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lori
Your farmhouse really looks lovely - siding and all - the setting is so pretty.
I love your forsythia - I always wanted one in our yard but my husband didn't so I have to enjoy other peoples.
Pretty new designs
Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Lori!

Love your pics. this morning! I also love violas and all wild flowers.
I love the Harry Lauder walking stick bush...where can I get such a bush??
The new farm punchneedle your working on looks very inviting...can't wait to see all these finished!

Martha

Ronda said...

Such a beautiful setting Lori! Isn't spring magical? Like awaking from a long nap and all is new and refreshed. Love your new PN designs, you work so fast! Have a great day..blessings ~Ronda

backporchcarver said...

What a wonderful start to my day, thanks for sharing.By the way you can give me rust and peely paint any day of the week and I will be a happy girl!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful signs of spring at the farmhouse makes me smile and wish we have a few more here in Ohio. My daffodils are sprouting but no flowers as of yet, there are buds on our trees and yesterday noticed the grass is greening. It will come, always does but the warming temperatures despite the rains feel so much better. Have a wonderful mid day!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What beautiful pictures - I felt as if I were right there with you! blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

as always, love your farmhouse.....such a beauty !!! question about the guinea hen....do you just let her wander to eat bugs??? thinking they would be a good tick eater....

NMK said...

Loved your pretty pictures today ! The Walking Bush is really neat ! The peak of your needle punch looks so cute, I love laundry scenes. It is chilly & raining here in New England....can't wait to see pretty flowers in bloom here !

wendyytb said...

I love your home! It has character! And I can feel the joy in every post!

Find the joy in every small thing... Wouldn't we be content if we did?

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oooh...what a welcome site the flowers and green grass are. I can't wait until all of our snow is gone. I do see the bulbs pushing out of the ground. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely photos.

Lori Ann Corelis said...

What beauteous signs of spring!!
YAY!!!
L

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lori, looks wonderful around your cozy farmhouse. Love to se the animals and gardens. Blessings Francine.

Prims and Needles said...

Lori your house looks so warm and welcoming. I love all of the flowers. Up here in Maine, we still have snow, but I am hoping to see flowers and grass soon. LOL! Love the sweet annie, I hope I can get mine going soon.
Have an awesome week.
Coline

kelley said...

Thanks for a peek into your day...looking forward to my forsythia blooming...still too dreary here in Ohio...but soon...clothesline and laundry...you make the most mundane bits of life seem special...

susiedele said...

Beautiful post,Lori. Hope to visit some day. I love Lazy...what a good guy!

Jimmie said...

Such great pictures in this post. Around here we call the big double daffodils "Butter and Eggs" and the singles "March Flowers" as they start to bloom in March. Right now our yard is full of wild spring violets in many colors of deep purple, pale lavender and while tingled with purple. I don't mind at all that they can choke out the grass if they get a good hold.

Let's hope spring has finally sprung! I'm kinda tired of cold and windy right now.

Diane in North Carolina