Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Morning Walk…and other things ~

Good Morning Roxie ~
….wanna go for a walk?

 " 'morning Mom…walk?…um, let me ask Lazy ~"

"Lazy says he's tired this morning Mom…so I'll stay here next to him…that ok?"


"good Roxie…Lazy is an old-man-dog now ~ you're sweet to stay by his side. we'll go for another walk later."

So I headed out alone, 
...with camera in hand ~ for a picture walk instead ~

Hope you enjoy!


Wisteria climbing on the farm shop porch post

a view of the old farmhouse from the garden gate…new wild grape-leaves have sprouted!

little Redbud tree {that my sister Jo-ene gifted me with before she passed almost 5 yrs ago} is doing wonderful


naturalized narcissus grouping growing in our back-woods


they make me so happy!


we replanted some in our smaller beds too


my patch of Lily-of-the-Valley {a gift from my sister Louisea} is spreading and I cannot wait to smell them!


remember the Harry Lauder Walking Stick I showed you a few weeks back?
Mr. Lauder is sporting a new green coat ~


i love the twisting branches and curling leaves on him...


…there is beauty in everything if we take the time to notice ~

for instance ~ my little fairy-moth friend here…didn't even know she was there until I took a closer look :)


or the subtleties of the veins on this newborn iris just waiting to unfurl in the morning sun….


~ or how a cluster of hydrangea blossoms can resemble stars in the sky.

 Little details make a difference in our lives…
and sometimes we don't slow down enough to notice.

I love small nuances of things that make us lean in a little closer to get a better view ~
I try to incorporate that into my folk art & needlework too.



…like adding strips of cotton fabrics to my rug hooking ~


~ just a glimmer of something 'different' to keep our eyes entertained
...and our hearts wanting more ~

here is a sneak peek of a punch needle project that is presently on my frame ~
look for this design in the Winter 2015 Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine ;)

I shared these little canning jars with rusty-lids 
at the VA Rugfest last weekend & they were a BIG hit 
with those of us who use Valdani pearl cottons…


they have that 'farmhouse feel' that I love so much!
... just drop in a ball, and bring the thread up through the smooth-edged hole in the lid ~
no more chasing the cat who is chasing my thread around the house! 
YAY!

plus, they're just plain sweet-as-pie, aren't they?
I'll Be bringing some along with me to the 
PSS Retreat & Merchant Mall too ~
but in the meantime, they are now in my Etsy shop!


….and I HAVE to share my new hook with you all ~
isn't she a beauty?

she is sterling silver and brass ~ 
very fancy for this down-home farmwife and hooker!!


love love

look how she fits the palm of my hand…
so very pretty and comfy :)




the brass ferrule and hook is SO SMOOTH to my tired hands…
just pure pleasure to hook with ~




and just look at the detail in her handle…
made from antique flatware and engraved with the letter "M"
{{{which I am saying stands for all "MINE"}}}
:)



I purchased one for me, one for Felicia and one for Joan….
each one as different & unique as we are
 {HA!}

YOU can be the keeper of one of these beautiful sterling hooks by visiting my sweet friend
Lisanne Miller at www.PisforPrimitive.com or her Etsy shop:


Hoping you all have a wonderful day filled with beautiful things ~ 
great and small….

~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

5 comments:

NMK said...

Love your Beautiful Silver rug hook !!! OMG !!! What a treasure ! As always your farm looks so pretty with everything turning green & flowers !!! So pretty ! Love your Fur babies relaxing in the warm sun !

marly said...

Enjoyed the walk with you this morning. Nice to see early sprouts of petals.

lms said...

what a wonderful post....i enjoyed my walk with you and the peek into your world....that rug hooking drew my eyes in with the colors and different textures....and i loved the white butterfly ....neat photo's...hope you are having a wonderful week....huggs....linda

Unknown said...

Love your new hook! thanks for sharing your morning walk with us--
Love wisteria, Had some on a porch many years ago, and love its spicy, cinnamony fragrance. It's already blooming here in New Bern. Let us know when you have more of those neat little jars!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

So many wonderful Spring photos - you inspire me to go out and take pictures myself (once the snow stops - yuck).