Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Finished Wool Appliqué & Clothespins


" Holly Vine "
Wool Applique Mat ~
class will be held on 
***January 18th 2014
here in the farm shop....11:00 til 3:00
class/supplies fee $28.00 per student
email me at not4got@aol.com to register for the class.

(***Weather Permitting)

finished size of class project approx. 9 1/2" x 11 1/2"
 I'll supply fresh baked goods & hot drinks
you bring a pair of sharp scissors ~

cute little wooly-bird
 ~ AND ~
fresh from the woodshop:

These are Peter's little handcarved clothespins ~

L O V E 
 I asked him to make me some
and they turned out so neat that I figured someone else might want a couple as well....

drying by the wood stove....

each one measures approx: 5" long
and is hand carved from our own wood grown & milled here at Notforgotten Farm

I will use some as decorations on my tree this year, as I am going to be decorating very simply...
you can use these to tie on your packages as gifts, 
...pile them into a wooden bowl in your laundry room ~
or use them to hang your early textiles like I've shown here:


they are available now in our ETSY shop ~
~~~::~~~~::~~~
Tis' a rainy day here at the farm...
I have to run errands in town today but would much rather spend my time stitching.

Hoping you are all enjoying the last few days of October!

*Blessed be, my Friends* 
 ~ Lori ~
P.S. Don't forget to cast your vote for the Hallowe'en Freebie Finish on my sidebar ~
We will announce the winner tomorrow evening at 6:00!

12 comments:

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

Love the little clothes pins...also wished like heck that I lived close to your place...would love to spend an afternoon in one of your classes...maybe one day!
cheers, Susan

HomeSpunPrims said...

Beautiful project for your class Lori. Love Peter's clothes pins too. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lori

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Beautiful wool mat Lori and love the wooden pins... So special. I wish I were closer, would love to sit and stitch with you. Karen

village folk art said...

Ohhh Yaaaa... The little wool bird is so sweet. Love it and those cloths pins are nifty too.
Peace to all,
Barb

gracie said...

How I wish I lived close enough to join your class...love the wall hanging and the clothes pins.

Beehive Needleworks said...

Such a lovely appliqued mat Lori, and your Mister's clothspins remind of the pins my papa would carve so very long ago.
Wishing you a cozy and creative day.
Ever warmly,
Judy

My Colonial Home said...

The wool applique piece is beautiful! Who ever joins this class will be having fun making it for sure.

LOVE those clothespins - what a great job your husband did.

Blessings,
Karen

Sandra said...

Absolutely love your applique - the colors are beautiful.

Still remember using the old clothes pins at my grandmothers. Do you remember the bags that were used to hang on the line to hold the pins? You are probably too young for that memory. Anyway, I love the ones Peter made.
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

quiltsbycheri said...

such soft, lovely wool applique.....LoVE! the clothespins, such a talented pair....

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your new applique mat is really lovely...such warm and rich colors!!
Many times I wish I still lived in Virginia so I could come visit your shop and learn so many of the things I want to learn...sigh!!
You and Peter are such a talented couple and I love all the wood items you have been making!! I have some of those clothespins and just love the simplicity of them!
Thank you for being such an inspiration to me!!!
Have a lovely week and Happy Halloween!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love Peters prim clothes pins!
Blessings
Robin

debra said...

love the close pins they looks so primitive- for 15 years i went tio the retreat in williamsburg and i wish i knew that you were fairly close. maybe just need an excuse to take a road trip-it has to be on a major holiday or summer not retired yet