Wednesday, June 05, 2013

{ Crossing Over }

 
I have exciting news to share with everyone who loves needlework!
as most of you know, I love anything having to do with needle and thread,
wool,
stitching,
and working with my hands...
 
"The Giving Sisters" (C)Notforgotten Farm
 

I had recently asked the members of my stitching forum,
if anyone there did needlepoint ~ and they did!
 
I haven't picked up a needlepoint canvas in over 30 years...but
I can't seem to get it out of my mind lately.
so as I was dreaming about it, I came to this conclusion:
why not offer my cross stitch designs & punch needle designs
...to those that love to needlepoint??
I think my folky, primsical designs would translate well, don't you?
well....
 


I am happy to announce ~
that very soon you will be able to do just that...
imagine stitching my
Eke & Zeke below in wool threads...
or the Giving Sisters, design shown above - done in petit point??
oh my.
 
 

 
AND
since I will be 'crossing over' so-to-speak,
I am now carrying ALL COLORS of DMC Perle Cotton #3 and
ALL COLORS of Waverly Needlepoint Wool Yarn in the shop here at the farm!
....that's right!
Peter is rearranging the shop as we speak to accomodate the racks and racks
(and racks!)
of fibers for needlepoint ~
 
I have some blank canvases for those that like to work your needlepoint from charts
(which my designs will be available for) 
but will be bringing more into the shop ~
along with handpainted canvases as well...
and
SPEAKING of hand painted canvases,
It is 'in the works' for my folk art and needlework designs to be adapted onto canvas ~
soon to be available from a wonderful company that specializes in painting needlepoint canvases.
 
oh I'm just so excited!
Please let me know your thoughts and comments about this...
and I'll take pictures of the shop as soon as it gets back to 'normal' :)))
 
Lori from
Notforgotten Farm

16 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Congrats, Lori...another big adventure. I love needlepoint and have many pieces I have stitched over the years, as well as many pieces stitched by my mother and grandmother. Needlepoint is timeless!
Can't wait to see your wonderful designs "crossover" to this lovely old needle craft.
Robyn

moosecraft said...

Add me to the list of needlepointers! The wool yarns will work fabulous with your designs! Looking forward to this new endeavor!

woolwoman said...

I enjoy doing canvas work and take spells of wanting to work on painted canvases - there are so many wonderful fibers for np these days - it's just too fun to pass up. I love hooking your designs Lori so I'm sure working them in np will be just as fun. Best of luck to your new adventure - Melody

NMK said...

I think that is another great idea !!!! I haven't done that in years ! It might be easier for those of us with "old" eyes ! You amaze me with your never ending wonderful creations !!!

Lee Morrison said...

How cool Lori! I haven't done Needlepoint in as many years as you! You're designs with the wool yarn sounds intriguing. Can't wait for the hand-painted canvases!

You are one creative lady!!!

Lee

WoolenSails said...

I love being able to do designs in different mediums. They would even be fun to do in fabrics too. I have seen more quilted pieces mixed with stitchery.

Debbie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Congrats to you on your newest adventure ~ sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't done needlepoint in years ~ oh my do I even remember? Might have to try it again ~ if only there was more time in a day!
Looking forward to the pics of your shop ~ always like to browse around!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

This sounds interesting...are you going to have a tutorial on how to do needlepoint? I would love to try it, especially since it is easy on 'OLD EYES'

mARTHA

Ronda said...

How exciting!..I'll be looking forward, I've done no needlepoint but my interest has been sparked!..thank you..

simple blessings,
~Ronda

linda said...

Congratulations Lori! I too have not done needlepoint in about 35 years. I took a class many years ago and did a cover for a footrest then got into cross stitch. Can't wait to see. Always exiting when the creativity does not stop.

Tina McFadden said...

Lori, What a wonderful idea!!! I haven't done needlepoint in years, probably since the 80's. I think your designs would be absolutely wonderful done in that medium. I can't wait until you have some for sale. Tina

Judy Zarlenga said...

What wonderful news! I love to do needlepoint and I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited!!!! I love all your patterns no matter what type of craft it's for. And to be able to purchase the entire kit is very exciting. I love needlepoint!!!

quiltsbycheri said...

sounds like alot of us are going to be putting needlepoint back on our list of needleworks ..... sounds exciting .....

susan hemann said...

Iamthrilled! I love needlepoint!

denise said...

my sister needlepoints. i used to but it's too boring for me. that is wonderful news for you and fellow stitchers! denise