Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fronica Beiler 1852 Sampler ~

 
Hi Friends & Folk ~
 I just got the model back from Felicia for my
"Fronica Beiler 1852 Sampler"
~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~




she's stitched onto my 32ct. Olde Farmhouse Linen
with seasonal shades of DMC threads in ~
Hazelnut Brown (422)
Golden Olive - med. (831)
Beaver Grey - ultra dk. (844)
Red Copper - dk. (918)



I've included an alphabet,
the name
Fronica Beiler
with 'her work 1852'
and the wording reads:
"DIS WORK DONE BY ME - WHEN DIS YOU SEE REMEMBER ME"
and includes numerals 1 - 13...
 
 

 
I was inspired by the beautifully graphic and oh-so-folky PA German Samplers of the past,
and as so, I included some unique motifs...
 like a ladderback chair with woven seat,
a saltbox house with weeping tree and rooster,
2 white & red birds,
2 red birds perched upon a basket of fruit,
and 2 potted flowers in baskets...

I found this old white frame with early, wavy glass whilst out picking one day with my buddy Joan ~
I love how this sampler looks in it ~
like it was framed by an unskilled person
(um, that would be me...I can design & stitch, but I am definitely not a very good framer!)
I love the look of unfinished schoolgirl samplers
and this one looks like one that wasn't quite finished...
 
the sampler (stitched portion) itself measures approx. 9 1/2" x 15 1/2"
...with a stitch count of 256w x 160h
 
if you are interested in a pattern, it is $12.00 shipping included.

If you are interested in a kit, which will include one fat 1/4 of my linen, threads and pattern
I can put one together for you for $38.00 shipping included.
 
To purchase a pattern or a kit,
you can email me at
not4got@aol.com
*::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~::*
Blessings from the Farm
Lori

5 comments:

cucki said...

It is so sweet xxx

Shirley Hill said...

Oh I just love it! You did good!

Pat said...

I was at Lori's open house today. The picture of this new sampler does not do it justice. I wish you could all see it in person. It's wonderful!!!

Had a great time.....saw Santa and played with Toby.

Louise said...

Oh so pretty!!!!
Happy December Lori!
Raggedystitches,
Louise xx

Martha said...

Looks like you had a fun filled successful Open House on Saturday.

Thanks for the great pattern and recipe. They both are calling to me!:-)

Prim Blessings,
Martha (4theluvofprimitives)