Monday, October 29, 2012

S. Claus & a Cheesy Pincushion ~

Miss Flea finished up the model for S. Claus ~
...and I am in the process of 'playing' with this cheese box.

have to figure both out a bit more ~
****
 notice that S. Claus has a pair of scissors in his mittened hand?
(i thought you would )
*****
 I love Flea's finish, but don't love mine,
 ~ so I will take it all apart and start over again....
the general concept of a huge pincushion in a box is good,
and as you can see by my sloppy stitching
&
crooked placement of motifs
that I was in a hurry to 'see' it somewhat finished...
what will S. Claus become??? any suggestions?
 in the meantime, I'll get to work on the finish of S. Claus.
not really sure what it will be, perhaps I'll put it in one of my handpainted frames,...
we'll see :)
 
*
with hurricane Sandy looming, I have the woodstove going ~
we are all safe & snug in this little farmhouse,
and all of my outside friends are safe & warm as well.
 
Hoping you are all safe & sound where you are!
 
 
Blessings from Notforgotten Farm...
Lori

11 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Stay dry and warm my friend! Glad you got that woodstove to sit and stitch by!

Rebecca ~Death By Thread~

cucki said...

stay safe deary friend..
what a beautiful santa..cute pin cushion..
big hugs for you xxx

Anonymous said...

I think a wall pocket would be neat. I hope the storm passes quickly. Stay safe.....Trudy

Paula said...

Dear Lori, I love your new pattern! Flea did a beautiful job stitching it! Santa is so SWEET and I love his scissors and "Maker of Good Things!" That is entirely too cute! I think I would keep him out year round in my studio! I look forward to seeing your finish! I love the old box and your pin keep. It looks beautiful! The colors are so warm! I am so glad you and your dear ones are safe and snug in the farmhouse and your sweet farm babies are safe and warm too! Keeping you all in my prayers! Many blessings, Paula

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Upon first glance at your new Santa design, I saw an old Colonial Williamsburg sign (the old swinging ones outside the shoppes that announce what is inside). You could still frame it and get the same feeling or mount it to a sign board. I definitely am looking forward to you offerring this pattern soon.
Pat

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lovin' both of your newest projects. I think the cheese box is truly prim. I could see the S. Claus made into a drawstring bag.
TFS
Stay Safe.
Prim Blessings
Robin

The Eveningstitcher said...

Lori...I love the pincushion! It's perfect...spontaneous and unique! I love all of the cross stitch patterns you have posted so far..I can't wait for you to release them for patterns! Loved your previous post on your shopping adventures with your dear friends!! Keep safe during this horrific storm..

NMK said...

Hope all is well on your farm this morning .....

Love your Santa & pin cushion !!!

Diane said...

Oh, your Santa is Oh-So-Charming!Do take care. Good thoughts are with you!

SewAmy said...

I love the Santa! And I did see the scissors in his hand before you mentioned them. That's a sewers eye.