Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Little Help ~

working away.....
Holed up either in my sewing room watching my fav movies on DVD
(hocus pocus, witches of eastwick, practical magic...|
yeah I know, etc, etc, etc....)
~ or ~ smack dab in front of the TV watching my fav programs ~
(I won't bore you with details, but i LOVE anything paranormal...surprise? yeah...I didn't think so)
So anyhoo....
I work with my hands SO much ~ as most of you do too ~ that I thought ....
a little
"Helping Hand"
would be welcomed...
 
so I've created a few for the
Ghoultide Gathering Show, coming up before i  (YOU) know it!!!
six different little hands, stuffed with batting ~ holding an antique spool of thread & a vintage pin-or-two...

I decided to add a cuff of early. cream colored LACE for a cuff for each hand...


twigs collected from our baryard act as stems...
and Old Thread Spools from my personal collection
accompany these hand pinkeeps ~

lots of different, early lace used as 'cuff's' for the 'helping hand' pinkeeps...and OLDE thread spools ~
.LOVE the look of these on my vintage SILVER tray ~
 
....all available at the Ghoutlide show this comeing weekend!
 
Blessings from Notforgotten Farm...
Lori

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cute.

P.J. said...

Hand-tastic!

Unknown said...

Those are awesome!!
take care
Kim

Rock River Stitches said...

Love these hands with the little pumpkins! Very different idea!

Tammy

Mary said...

I LOVE them Lori!!!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Creepy cool! So unique! Love watching those shows too...and old black & white Vincent Price movies. ~*~Lisa

Debbie Mooney said...

Wish I could go to the Ghoultide gathering! Your work is amazing and inspiring, as always...

HomeSpunPrims said...

Lori,
I love how you've displayed them on the silver platter. The lace added for a cuff on each one is the perfect touch. Best wishes for a great show. Hugs, Lori

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

So sweet!! We could have so much fun stitching together, I love to watch all the paranormal stuff too :) Do you watch Paranormal Witness on SyFy?? Checked out your pinterest and fell in love with the work of Catrin Welz-Stein!! Blessings to you...hope these find their way into pattern form! ~Kriss~

NMK said...

Love them !!! The lace cuffs, & on the silver platter....Beautiful !!! Have a Great time at the show ! You will sell out !!!

Earlene said...

Lori those are so sweet!
I love the movie Hocus Pocus!
I will be at Ghoultide Gathering for sure on Friday night. I live 14 miles from Chelsea and wouldn't miss it! I know it will be very busy!
Enjoy your day!
Earlene

Unknown said...

Waw, really wonderful work!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh ~ Hocus Pocus is one of my favorite shows!!!
You come up with the best creations!!!
Good Luck at the show ~ your going to have a blast. Wishin' I could go this year ~ Had a wonderful time last year.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Louise said...

your creativity is amazing!!! :)
Just beautiful :)

Raggedystitches,
Louise