Soooo...
I frogged out all of those leaves on the 'tree' and started hooking daisies instead,
(thanks to all of you who agreed that would be a good idea since her name is Daisy!)
but I didn;t want to use wool for the flower centers, so I chose these instead:
...nice, fat hand-cut strips of CW repro's ~
(please don;t mind the cat hair, is adds more dimension to my work ~ ha!)
(please don;t mind the cat hair, is adds more dimension to my work ~ ha!)
not really, but the fabric surely does :)
see my old hook? it looks rusty, but it isn't...it is pitted & worn ~ the handle is smooth as satin
from years of work...by me, and by the woman who created her rugs before me....
I like to dream about her while I hook.
did she create rugs with wool & fabric too? did she use spent clothing from family & friends to make her rugs? and did she make her rugs for fun or for the purpose of warming her cold farmhouse floors?....oh the stories this old hook could tell~
here are some of the flowers ~
i used the same white, as-is wool for the petals as i did for miss Daisy's velvet-muzzle....
I hooked them just a little bit higher than the center fabric,
so the petals would stand out even more...
of course, they don't look like much now, but as soon as I hook that first row around them,
they will look better....I'm having so much fun hooking this rug!!!
they will look better....I'm having so much fun hooking this rug!!!