Wednesday, March 14, 2012

one thousand two and a tutorial for you!!!!

Good Morning Friends & Folk!

I just checked and I have hit the 1000th follower count! (actually it is up to 1002 ~ woohoo!)
I still can't believe that I get to have SO many online friends that love the same things I do...
I love to have you visit me, and I value each & every one of you ~ I am blessed.

Yesterday, I shared with you the little GARDEN sampler that I've been working on, and this evening around 11:30 pm I will list it on my Early Work Mercantile page...
I also mentioned that it WILL be a pattern for those of you who prefer to stitch themselves,
so you can contact me about that tomorrow...
In the meantime,
here is the frame that will showcase the GARDEN sampler ~

...just wait till you see the finished sampler in this frame...
I really think you will all flip over this design!!!!
and here's how to make one yourself!!!

You will need the following supplies:
1 ~ 8" x 10" (opening) wooden frame (WalMart)
1 ~ bottle white acrylic paint (WalMart)
1 ~ bottle antiquing medium (WalMart)
1 ~ bottle Aleene's Tacky Glue (WalMart)
1 ~ package sheet moss (Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin)
coarse-grit sandpaper, paint brush, paper towels



Begin by roughing up wooden frame with sandpaper, then paint it white.
let dry...


Next, get the glue and dab some on the corners of the frame...



break off small chunks of the sheet moss and press it into the glue on your frame...



you'll start glueing it sparsely at first, starting in the corners...


then, add more glue & more moss...



of course, if you like the sparse-look of just a little moss, you could always stop here...
but I wanted my frame to be covered...


once the entire front of the frame is covered with moss,
press the rough edges of the moss into the glued areas a little more to make it look more compact... if you see any bare spots, add more glue & more moss...


You'll need to let this dry really well...I dried mine out in the sun yesterday...
I LOVE the look of this and I hope you will too...
Remember, you can see the FINISHED sampler on
www.EarlyWorkMercantile.com
this evening at 11:30 pm (eastern time)
I'm SOOOO excited!!!!!

And you can purchase the pattern from me tomorrow as well....
my email is not4got@aol.com if you should have any questions about this project,
or to place an order with me....
I hope this little gift of mine pleases you well and that you all enjoy a beautifully creative day!!!!

blessings from the farm,
Lori

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Can't wait to see this!...have a great day..
Blessings,
~Ronda

Penny said...

Looks like this is a winner!! Can't wait to see it completed tomorrow....
Congrats on 1002 followers -- that is just amazing! You and your work are loved!

jennifer768 said...

Congrats on the followers! Love the frame!Thanks for the tutorial!Waiting eagerly to see the finished project.Hugs,Jen

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Oh, boy. I can't wait to see this sampler. Thanks for the frame tut.
It's a great idea.
Hugs,
Susan

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Lori~ looking forward to your update~ the frame is creative~ love it~ giggles I think I like it better with just sparsely place moss on it?? Your work is always so pretty~
smiles
Teresa

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Lori~ whoops forgot to SAY~
CONGRATS on all the followers~

Jennie Lynn @ Appleseed Prim said...

Congrats on 1000 (and 2) followers. I know yours is one of the places I go when I am feeling less than creative and I always leave inspired. LOVE the frame. I've never worked with sheet moss but am hoping to cover some eggs for Easter.

I'll be checking in at Early Work Mercantile first thing tomorrow morning (once the little ones are off to school). I can't wait to see sampler.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Eagerly awaiting the unveiling of your new GARDEN sampler. I love your designs and I bet it will look amazing in this mossy frame.
Smiles,
Nan