Monday, February 06, 2012

A visit with Susannah ~

Happy Monday Friends & Folk ~
Hoping your team won the Bowl last night...
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, commercials & 1/2 time spectacle..
and while I was viewing I was stitching, of course...
here's a little preview of my
Susannah Hoffer's Marking Sampler ~
remember, I'm stitching it on Osnaburg, so it's 20ct (over 2)...
I LOVE how old it looks...and of course I will age it even more when finished.
there are tuilps to be added, more of Susannah's initials
(as it IS a marking sampler) and numbers will be incorporated too...
nothing Fancy, as Susannah was a very plain girl indeed ~
I'm thinking about how I'll finish this ~ I'm on the hunt for a perfect frame
(when aren't I on the hunt for something?)
but
if one doesn't cross my path, then me thinks I'll make a sewing roll with it ~
we'll see...
I'm working awway on finished items for the show this Saturday, and the majority of this week will be spent doing that ~
Have a beautiful February Monday my sweet Friends!!!
blessings from the farm,

Lori


9 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Lori~ looking beautiful~
enjoy your day
smiles
Teresa

cucki said...

It is so beautiful xxx
Love :)

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Oh, I LOVE it Lori!!! Love those colors! I can't wait to see it finished!!!~~hugs,Jen

Saundra said...

OMG, Lori, with my 70 year old eyes I would go insane or blind if I tried that. It IS beautiful and olde (I love olde)but I'll stick to hooking with a wide cut.

Your blog is always inspiring and love perusing it.

Saundra

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Yeah, it's looking great so far. I have a feeling my friend from Olde Threads will love this as these are her initials too :)
~Nan

By Thy Hands Tinkerings said...

We need to do a swap, that's all there is to it... LOL!!! Love this, I have the perfect frame just sitting in my craft room not doing a thing. Ya want it?? I can send it to you.

tam

Annette-California said...

Lori your sampler is looking beautiful. I to really enjoyed watching the super bowl commercials and Madonna.
Annette - California

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Lorie I love this piece!
Can't wait to see what you complete next!

I did share a link to your blog today on my blog Feathers in the Nest for your freebie so I hope sent a good crowd of kind folks to your site. I love your latest freebie and have it printed out to stitch up.
Thank you.


Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Krista said...

Susannah is looking beautiful, can't wait to see the finish! :)