Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday, monday ~

Do you like Monday's?
I do.
especially rainy Mondays in November....
when the house is snug, the chores are done and a potroast is bubbling on the woodstove
filling the farmhouse with a wonderful smell ~

I can remember even as a child, liking Monday's...
it meant a fresh start ~ a new beginning.

Before I get to work,
I thought I'd snap a few pics for you...these are mainly random,
but I thought they were pretty :


~ Faux Holly & Old Lace ~



~ The Turkey Red mohair I dyed yesterday ~
(and what it looked like before)

~ A Shelf in my Sewing Room ~
(I hung my ribbon-rolls across for better access)


~ a tiny Tinsel Tree ~
(decorated with glass garland, an old stocking, origami storks made by Hannah & some grubby white candles in their wire & ball holders)


~ Little Friends on top of my inspiration board ~
(the Squirrel is Steiff and was found at a fleamarket for $2.00! yay for me!)

I have LOTS to do on this rainy November Monday,
so I better get to it...
I'll share what I make from the red mohair tomorrow!


blessings from the farm,

Lori

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely pictures! That turkey red is gorgeous!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm never been a huge fan of Mondays - but I do love a dreary day on occasion....We are having one also today - but cold and bleak kind of dreary...maybe a potroast would help... ;o) That red is looking scrumptious - can't wait to see the little guy that is born from that! And way to score on the squirrel. I'm trying hard to forget what I paid for mine! ;o) Have a wonderful holiday week....Smiles & Thanksgiving Hugs ~ Robin

cucki said...

yup..i love monday's too..start of a new fresh week..nice..
so many beautiful things i can see here..beautiful..
keep well and enjoy the monday xx

Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the holly and lace!