Saturday, August 20, 2011

Antique Sewing Baskets & a finish from a Friend ~

GOOD Saturday Morning Friends & Folk!
oh my, it is loverly outside ~ it is cool and crisp...
the grass is wet from dew and I don't hear the usually-incessant droning of the cicada ~


I wanted to share with you a part of my growing
Antique Sewing Basket collection...
I pick them up when one 'finds' me :


I like to keep them on top of shelves and cupboards ~

I have ALOT more, but these are in my Keeping Room
don't you just love to think about who once owned them?

AND
here is my Harvest Pickin's Pinkeep design,
all stitched and stuffed from
Connie ~

didn't she do a fab job?
and do you not love thse gourds and that BOWL????


Thanks Connie,
for sharing with me ~ I hope you enjoyed stitching it!!


Well, fine folks ~
I am off to the barnyard...
seems like my Singing Donkeys & Dancing Sheep
are trying to get my attention for breakfast!
(more on that later...)

I'll be in the shop today,

processing orders and UN-rearranging!!

stop in for a visit if you get the chance :)

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

7 comments:

annie said...

Love your pin keep, baskets, and gourds! Nothing like nature's music song in the air!

MoonBeam said...

Nice calming post. I am starting to look toward autumn, too.

Penny said...

A little cool and crisp would be nice. I tend to be on the cool side so I'm not quite ready to say good-bye to summer yet. Love the baskets. I love the different shapes,and bumpiness of the gourds.

cucki said...

i love everything..they are all so sweet..pin keep is so lovely..
have a lovely weekend xx

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful fall pinkeep, Lori!! Connie did an awesome job! And love your sewing baskets....I have a hard time resisting anything sewing related....Knowing it had to have been such a treasured possession for someone from years gone by just tugs at me...Hope you'll show us more some time! Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Can't wait to hear about the singing donkeys and dancing sheep...or was it the other way around?? ;o))

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lori,
I thought I had a few baskets...guess you do too! How lovely.

What beautiful treasures from Connie...I love cross stitched things.

Karen

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love Connie's piece she stitched. Looks great in the bowl. You have a beautiful variety of sewing baskets!