Monday, April 25, 2011

Strawberry Tart Pinkeep ~

Good Morning Folks!!


it is a beeeutiful day here on the farm....
you should hear the robins singing this morning ~
and the little whipporwills lulled us to sleep last night....


ahhhhh,....spring!


we had a great Easter weekend, as I hope you all did as well....
so much to be thankful for ~ friends, family and FOOD!

I think I'll have to walk an extra mile or two today to help
shed the couple of poounds I've put on since friday!


BUT


here is a little
FAT FREE treat ~


it's a little wool Strawberry Tart pinkeep!


I've stitched it from handdyed wool, stuffed it with cotton and crushed walnut shells.
stitched on leaves made from old feedsack, then settled it onto a nest of dried moss...
lastly, I placed it into a little antique tin tart cup!!

the 'seeds' are pins that I've painted black ~

SWEET!

I'll be putting these in the shop for the open house.

IN OTHER NEWS:

our beautiful peacock-couple,
Billy & Sky
are expecting!!!!

Sky has laid 4 precious eggs so far, and I am told that she will lay another dozen or so before she will actually set on them to hatch them...
remember last year when we hactched 2 of her eggs in the incubator?
sweet little dears didn't live long, so we are letting
Mother Nature work her magic this time!!!

I will keep all posted on the progress and share pictures soon!


Hoping you all have a most wonderful day
~ full of sweet treats & beautiful things!


Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

6 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your strawberry pinkeep!
How exciting to watch baby peacocks grow-up. Best of luck to them.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jane said...

What a cute little strawberry treat! It's so exciting that Sky and Billy are expecting! Another fun reason to visit Notforgotten Farm.

The Barn Door said...

That is sooo cute!!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love that strawberry! Good luck with the expecting couple! Keep us posted!
Courtney

Primitive Echoes said...

That strawberry pinkeep is really cute. Great job.

Sandy said...

I LOVE them! So creative :)