Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Morning visitors ~

Usually, the dogs will smell them before I see them,

but this morning ~ they slept in I guess!!


out my kitchen window was this small family of White Tail Deer...

at the bottom of the pic above, you can see a remnant of what was once a little summer kitchen in our backyard.... oops! I think she heard me!! and here are Mr. & Mrs. Eastern Bluebird...
shopping the houses that Peter built... these houses are along the fenceline that surrounds the donkey's paddock.
I think they've found the perfect Love Nest to start their little family!!

I love early Spring...it brings us many pleasures!!! new growth, twitterpating feathered friends, and baby everythings!!! we have about 40 eggs in the incubator, and the chicks should be arriving in a couple of weeks... just in time for our Spring Open House on May 7th!! I'm off now to hang the wash on the line... Hoping you all have a beautiful Spring day!!!!

Blessings from the Farm...

Lori

8 comments:

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

What a sight to wake up to. I love to just sit and watch deer grazing. They are a beautiful animal. I have a bird feeder outside of my big window so I can watch my birds. sometimes when the feeders are low, they will sit there and cherp at me, I swear they are telling me to fill them up with the good stuff...LOL
Sabrina

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Dear Sabrina ~ they ARE telling you to fill them up with the good stuff!!
~Lori

Teresa said...

What a nice view out your window. Would love to see a picture of the baby chicks.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Teresa said...

What a nice view out your window. Would love to see a picture of the baby chicks.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What beautiful pictures. When I was growing up we had a woods behind our house ~ loved to watch the deer. I really miss that.
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings!
Robin

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing such a lovely setting.
Courtney

Rhonda said...

I love your pictures. They all are breathtaking. I want to "sit a spell" at your place.We live more in the city and would love to move to a quieter more secluded space. For now I can enjoy your farm through your pics.

Blessings,
Rhonda

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori~
It is so cool to have the bluebirds in your back yard. I've only seen pictures of them. Beautiful!
Hugs :)
Lauren