Friday, September 24, 2010

Mum's the Word ~

By the look at my herb garden, you'd never know that
Virginia is suffering from a drought....
I have a colossal-sized mum right smack-dab in the middle garden ~
and she is thee most beautiful shade of rusty pumpkin!!!
she has to be at least 5 feet around and is past my waist in height
(I'm almost 6 ft tall)

and take a look at my Sweet Annie plant...
it's almost as tall as our outhouse!!!!
I'm letting it go to seed, so I can have more next year...
I think I could have sold all of it at the show last weekend, but nope>
I'm not parting with any of it!!
:)

I've been stitching on a model for my new Christmas/Winter cross stitch designs:
this one below is called
"Civil War Christmas"

and will be a really simple, primitive design...
I'm using my own hand-dyed (black walnut from my trees) 30ct. linen
& Gentle Arts Sampler Threads.

I have a couple more designs that need to be tweaked,
then they'll go to Felicia, who will stitch the models for them ~

Hope you have a great weekend,
...we'll be here in the shop if you'd like to come for a visit!
Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Oh man! I have mum and sweet annie envy here!!!! That's also my favorite color of mum! :-) Happy last day of the heat wave to you! LOL!

Angie said...

Oh my goodness~that mum is beautiful! Can't wait to see the new designs! Happy Fall!

janeu729 said...

Your mum is gorgeous! All of your gardens look great. Last Saturday, at the show, many people were admiring your plants & flowers.

Catherine said...

Great plants! My mums aren't blooming yet - but they are big like yours!

Love the look so far of your new sampler!

from me to thee......... said...

I LOVE pumpkin colored mums, they are hard to find here......and sweet annie...well we are in a drought too, and mine is doing really well. I can't wait to see your new Christmas patterns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!