Wednesday, December 09, 2009

{ Woolen Tulip }

I finished my hooked chairpad last night,
but was too pooped to list it!!

So I will be listing it this afternoon on ebay.
it came out so old & early looking...I love the colors~
rusts, browns, robin's egg blue, sage greens, mustards & pumpkins.
making these chairpads are so much fun, although I hate to bind them...
I did bind this one with a soft cream colored twill tape, stitched on w/ black cotton string.
then I added a muslin tag to the back which reads:
"Folk Art Tulip
designed & hooked by
~ Lori Brechlin ~
December the 8th 2009
Peace & Plenty be yours...
Blessed be..."
I used a sepia colored pigma pen to write on the muslin,
then stitched it to the center of the back of the chairpad.
the finished chairpad measures approx. 12" round.
{I say "approx" because since it is hand-drawn onto the linen,
the shape is not completely round...it's a bit wonky, like me!}
Anyhoo, it was fun to make & I'm already hooking on another rug...
I'll share pics later!
I'm off to a local church for a Christmas concert, where our daughter Hannah will be playing a Flute solo for the Senior Citizens there...
{I'll take pics of that, too!}
Have a wonderful day, create something dear to your Heart~
Peace & Plenty be Yours,
Lori

4 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Ahhh, beautiful tulips ~ it's a German thing:)

Was hoping to see more of this, but can't find it on Ebay...

Sweet Stitchin and Gute Nacht...

Sweet Sue said...

And now it's there:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful chair pad. Love the colors you chose. Love the blue with the browns and rust.
Christmas is more special when you do something to cheer up others. Good for your daughter.

Anonymous said...

I love it Lori. The tulip was my beloved sisters favorite flower. ♥