Monday, March 09, 2009

Howdy-doo!!!


Isn't this a pretty cutting?

I listed this last night on ebay...

I painted the frame for this piece, and ended up chip-carving
some motifs into the corners of the frame...it came out SO old looking!

I can't wait for my tulips...my daffy's aren't even up all the way yet
and here I am dreaming of tulips...
well, not just tulips.


This year, we plan on putting in a little cottage/kitchen herb/rose garden
in the front of the farmhouse...
little white picket fence,
...the whole shebang.

I'll get glorious climbing roses, all varieties and colors...
rosemary, lavender, tyme...oh I can almost smell them all now!
and garden antiques...can't have a garden without some PRIMSICAL
garden antiques...urns, pots, benches...birdhouses and...

CHAIRS!

can you see them?



I found these two, skeletel remains
of what once were (and in my opinion, STILL ARE!!!)
BEAUTIFUL
wire garden chairs...
rusty, peel-y, bent....
PERFECT!!!!!
I bought them both at our
local Animal Shelter Thrift Shop
for......
$2.00 each!
They're so structural, yet
almost invisible until you're right on them...
(which is why I'll coat them with clear protector and
place a potted geranium on each seat...)
I don't want anyone tripping over them and breaking an ankle!
great find, huh?

We'll be planting our potatoes & onions by St. Patricks day to ensure a good harvest, then our peas and cabbages will go in...then I can start thinkin' about tomatoes....

What are your Garden Plans this year???

***PLEASE***
visit my NEW HALLOWE'EN ART BLOG!!!!
I've uploaded a ton of my past works over there and have a TON more to add!!!
stop on over for a visit and tell me what you think of my Hallowe'en Art...
(I really do love it!)
and leave a comment over there for me!!

the Deare Ladyes of Threade blog will be updated soon, I'll post here when it is updated...
thanks always for visiting with me, I do enjoy your company!!!

~Lori~

4 comments:

A Bit of Colour said...

Is your first picture a paper cut out?? Really love the old chairs

janeu729 said...

Isn't it gorgeous today!!!My sweet crocuses are singing and the daffs are swaying in the breezes. I know this won't last but let's enjoy it.

A Bit of Colour said...

That is really tedious, but beautiful work,& yes it was a pretty day here.

connie said...

love your cutout..very pretty..and the chairs I love too..I would have bought them..