Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Thursday !!

Hi Folks!

It's WINDY here today!!!
I had to take in the flags, the wreaths and some of the other smaller baskets
that decorate the front porches, for fear that they'll up and blow away!!!
if it were sunnier, I'd hang a line of clothes, but I fear it might rain, so
.....I'll plunk them in the dryer.
ugh.
I'd much rather utilize the solar & wind power!
~~~~~
Also, I wanted to tell you that
I'll be vending at two fantastic shows this year

the first, is the
Folk Life Festival at Pharsalia Farm
on May 30 & 31, 2009

(http://www.pharsaliaevents.com/)

where I'll be dressed in colonial garb,
demonstrating hooking & needlepunch...

I'll also be selling one of a kind finished smalls...

the second show is
Ghoultide Gathering
on Saturday, October 3, 2009
(http://www.ghoultidegathering.com/)




where I'll be offering my Original one of a kind
Hallowe'en Creations in Wool & Thread~

I am thrilled to be a part of both of these wonderful Artisan venues!!

I'm heading into the farmhouse now,
for a bit of lunch and to get working on some stitching...

oh! the photo at the top of this post is of a little needle punched pinkeep that
i've just listed on my ebay auctions...do you like?

Have a great day, filled with creativity and, well
...since it's so windy, do something that I used to Love doing...
go Fly a Kite!!!

~Lori~

4 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Lori,
It's terribly windy here, plus snowing. We are under winter storm watch advisory. I love to hang my laundry out on the lines as well as my prims to dry in the sun. Congrats on doing the shows. Maybe I'll make it to Northville since it's in Mi.
Pam

Doreen Frost said...

I LOVE the pin keep in the top pic!

Wonderful shows you will be participating in! Congratulations!

Have a wonderful day, do not blow away!

Many blessings,
Doreen

Doreen Frost said...

Lori..I just saw the little blurb you have on the side...

"The same compass that guided you to make your first creation is a compass you still have~ALWAYS trust it to take you where you're supposed to go. NEVER allow the marketplace to dictate what you make... it's hard to do,- to trust that compass - but it's crucial.... it will keep you alive as an ARTIST~ it will keep you going forward and fulfilling your purpose." - Chris Roberts-Antieau

how very true and how fantastic of you too put it here...what wonderful encouragement...we ALL need to keep this in mind!!!

Hugs to you!
Doreen

ps..might I put this on my blog as well..I will certainly give you credit. I shall await your approval. :)

The Eveningstitcher said...

Lori...you are actually coming to Michigan???? How cool is that? I live about 20 minutes from Northville. I'm not a Halloween person, but if you need help setting up I'm here for you.

Bobbie