Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Going to another Fair!!!

This is the Fall Fiber Festival,
held annually here near Charlottesville, VA ~


There will be tons of vendors, lots of inspiration and of course,

WOOL!!!!!!


wool for hooking, wool for spinning, wool on the sheep, wool off the sheep,
wool glorious wool !!!


Peter & I will be celebrating our 21st Anniversary this coming friday, (oct 3rd)
so I've asked him if he wouldn't mind going...
of course, Hannah will be with us too!


I'll take some pictures and post here for all to see, 'prolly on Monday,
as we'll be going on Sunday...


I'm excited to go, hoping I can find a drum carder that fits my non-exsistent budget! and pehaps see some demo's on wet felting...something that I haven't quite mastered yet...


I've recently washed a ton of our shorn raw wool, in hopes to card it
& get it dyed for more felting projects...
I have my color palette all picked out from my dye swatches
(I use Cushings dyes)
and am also hoping for chillier days to dye by...
temps have been in the low 80's still during the day, and humid. ~
not exactly what I call good weather for staying indoors & dyeing!


Soon the wood stoves will be cranked up, and on the stove in our family room,
I'll cook pots of yummy roasts, chicken & dumplings and such ~
the stove downstairs in the cellar is reserved for dyeing,
as it throws lots of heat...
I feel like a turn-of-the-century girl down there
when I'm busily stirring the dyepot!

~OR~
perhaps I'll fire up the old cauldron out front...
the tang of woodsmoke in the air is a beautiful thing
when it's gone missing all hot, summer long, and hey, since the fire's outside, the heat will be too!


and yes, again I've changed the colors & pictures of this blog...as I've told you MANY times before, I'm OCD.
and if I didn't change things up now & then, you'd be bored too, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweet friend this festival is right near me in Orange County!!! come and see me :)))

primitivebettys said...

Have a great time & if I don't get a chance to tell ya later.... HAVE A HAPPY LOVE DAY! :)

Smiles,
Betty