Thursday, March 22, 2018

~ Working on Wool Witch ~

Good Morning 
Friends & Folk!

and a happy sunny & bright Thursday to you all ~
all of our snow from yesterday's storm has melted {thankfully}
and I can see my little daffodils in our back woods once again.
 I think I'll pick some for the kitchen ~ to help keep the 'Springing' going on here...
 
 I recently shared my watercolor painting of my little sheep-riding Wool Witch:
she is the impetus for a new rug hooking and punch needle design 
that I'm beginning to work on today ~

aren't they sweet?


what is it with me and the color purple?
I adore it in every shade, but the 'dustier' the better...
my birthstone is amethyst, so perhaps that's what started my love for the color early on...

heck, even my plants are purple!


do you see that basketful of wool?
I purchased it at the Woolwrights hook in this past saturday
{not the basket, that's mine, but the wooooools!}
those fabulous wools came from 
 

having to simplify my initial rendering {watercolor} to be able to better hook it, 
I came up with the final draft below, to which I added florals and wording...

and you see those purples in there that will become her dress of course!


I be sharing progress on the hooking part as soon as I can ~
not feeling well still from this rotten cold I have,
but am on the mend.
{and I thank you all for your kind well-wishes}
 

I am happy to say that we will be carrying The Wool'n Gardener's 
primitive hand dyed wools in our shop!!
along with as-is and textured off the bolt wools 
 



Shop News:
Folks you are not going to believe how different our little farm shop looks!!!!
Peter & Chris have been working on it for weeks now ~
new paint on the walls, floor and trim...
new lighting, new shelving ~ a whole new look!

we are going lighter, brighter and more farmhouse-y with our look ~
airy & breezy with a bit of chippy white sprinkled in...
and although we haven't added on to the shop, there seems to be so much more room now
 for classes and friends to gather for our Creative Saturdays & 1st Monday Nights!

we will be carrying our patterns and supplies for Rug Hooking, Punch Needle and Cross Stitch
along with a few other favorite designers' patterns as well.
and, fresh new cotton fabrics for your finishing and/or projects ~
oh!
We will have wonderful candles and jewelry for you too!

as soon as it is presentable enough, I will be sharing photos with you...
we are so excited for the refreshing change and hope you will love it too ~ 

Have a *SPARKLING* day everyone!!
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

12 comments:

NMK said...

Love your new Witches !!! Those lonnnggg feet are a riot !!! Your new basket of wool is yummy !!! Happy to hear your snow is melting away quickly ! We were lucky & didn't get any snow !!! Can't wait to see your New shop , just wished I could see it in person !!! Feel Better !!!

Brush Creek Needlework said...

Love this design, Lori!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lori! I don't know what to say first! I'll start with your fondness for Purple. Who knows why we are drawn to certain colors...I personally LOVE Eggplant, almost a black/brown purple. And set it up against Peridot, and voila! Beauty!

Your Wool Witch is so cute with her hook and sheep friend...

Can't wait to see all your homestead changes!

Jane said...

Can't wait to come and hook in your re-designed, magic place!!
Hugs....
Jane

Three Sheep Studio said...

Ahh, purple. I’m there with you. I hope you keep the long slender feet for your fun witch ! Great design to work your magic on.
Rose

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love this sweet little design, Lori! And I love the purple...I've incorporated some lavender and purple in my decor as well. Trying to lighten up my home as well...tired of drab! I can't wait to see your shop!!

Saundra said...

Am looking forward to the unveiling of your new 'country crackle' look with lots of space and great lighting. Wish I could be there to see it in person but am sure you will surprise us with lots of teaser photos.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Looking forward to seeing your shop's progress!
Jan Cole is a sweetie ~ with wonderful wool, too.
Fun new pattern!

Heather said...

Ohhh! Isnt she cutest!?! Love that she's on a sheep! And that basket of WOOL...be still my heart! Oh, the possibilites!

elaine allerton said...

Glad ur feeling bit better,,,
Snow gone,,, fast!!
Love ur new pattern,,,
And wools and cant wait to see the purples,,,
Tke care,,

Fran said...

Glad you are feeling better Lori. I can't wait to see the pics of your new shop. How exciting.

village folk art said...

She is looking 'sweet' in a wicked sort of way. Time will tell. Can't wait to see her finished and your remodeled shop. It all sounds wonderful.
Fondly, Barb