Sunday, December 10, 2017

~ Sunday, Fun-day ~

Hello Friends & Folk ~
and a happy December Sunday to you all!

I'm hankering to work on some more embroidery 
~ and am taking a look back on my previous works...













and here are a few snaps of what I'm working on now...
 not sure what this woll become just yet...
but I love the old blue fabric with much-needed repair-holes
and the Simply Wool threads from The Gentle Art Inc.


This little girl {below} has been waiting in my workbasket for a very long time ~
 I just stitched her a spool of thread to hold
and will simply let my needle dictate what will come next...



I love looking at my nest of threads ~
all of the colors tangled together make me happy!




... seeing things in black and white
help me sort out color hues & values while I work.

 
If you are an Embroidery Enthusiast, hop on over to my Facebook Group:
and show us what you're working on today!
 
Hoping you all enjoy a beautiful Sunday filled with peaceful moments!

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

9 comments:

denise said...

lovely as always

Anonymous said...

Wonderful works...the idea about black and white to discern hues and values is very helpful. And the blue material is beautiful!

Janet said...

What beautiful work. Oh Mercy and Remember are just gorgeous with the different threads. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas.

sandi s said...

I always love seeing what you are making but your embroiderey today is exquisite! Hugs,

Winnie said...

It is always fun to stop by and see your latest stitchery projects! I love those darling little birds in the bowl. Your snow photos from the last blog post were reminiscent of early snows of my Virginia growing up days. I even remember two Christmases where we actually had a white Christmas in Charlottesville! Usually for us the snow came in January-early March. For the holidays, however, I think snow just adds that special touch of magic to the scenery and the twinkle lights in the windows seem so much more inviting.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lady Locust said...

Wow you are talented! Those pin cushions are stunning. A very Merry Christmas to you.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I always love to see what your talented hands create!! Even tangled threads are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration!!
Hope you have a wonderful and creative week at Notforgotten Farm!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

village folk art said...

Ohhh Lori, you are so talented, creative and sharing. I loved it ALL, although, I believe the sweet, little birds in the bowl are some of my favorites.
I need to get a cleaning lady so I can play all day ... wishful thoughts.

Hoping you & yours have a very Merry Christmas with Peace and Blessings,
Barb

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your stitching is beautiful !
My absolute fav is the blackbird with pumpkin - Oh Mercy !
Gorgeous !!
Be inspired.
Rose