Tuesday, July 25, 2017

~ Small Stitches ~


Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
and Tuesday it is once again.

... a little cooler this morning,
 so hoping it will begin to stay that way.

I've been stitching on this little owl and moon embroidery 
in-between larger projects for upcoming shows and events;

I'm working with Gentle Art Simply Wool threads and love them!


they have just the right amount of coarseness to them {for me}.
not too 'hairy' but you can tell it's wool justthesame.


satin stitches become feathers and leaves,
french knots become tiny berries ~
even smaller cross stitches become a smattering of stars...
straight stitch branches and a chain stitch scroll underneath it all...

{no, you do not see any bullion stitch in there do you}.
'nuff said about them!


can you see the slight blush on Mr. Moon's cheek?
that is from using the variegated wool thread from the Gentle Art...
{I have the color written down in my book, if anyone wants to know exactly what is it}


I'm using a scrap of nubby linen to stitch on, 
and my hoop is only 4" in diameter...
so this is a small piece ~ my favorite!


I'm pleased with it, 
and I think Miss Roxy approves as well ~

☾•**☆**•☽ 

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

4 comments:

Kathy B said...

I definitely need a beginners class on embroidery. And when I say beginner, I mean beginner! Such a lovely little owl...

Unknown said...

I think this my favorite of all your designs - except perhaps the witch riding the whale (which is hilarious). Will this pattern be available soon?

littlemancat said...

Love this - the simplicity and sweetness of it. A haiku in thread.
Mary

Le crocette di Mariuccia said...

Lovely.Mariuccia