Tuesday, September 27, 2016

~ Short & Sweet ~

 Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
another fine day here at the farm....we enjoyed the much-needed rain last night,
a nice steady soaking rain that our parched ground happily absorbed.

Thank you all for the kind words & helpful suggestions regarding my aching back!
it is a bit better today, and I am hoping to get a few slow-paced walks in this afternoon....

since I have been 'couch-ridden', I hooked this below...
The very first one of a series of stair riser designs
 I have been wanting to make for a long time now ~
what do you think?

they will all measure approx 6-1/4" x 24"
and think I'll have a total of 13 when finished with them all.
{although some of you may have more-or-less stairs, depending on the age of your home}

"Toby"© Stair Riser pattern from Notforgotten Farm™

 these will be available as PAPER patterns for you to transfer onto your favorite rug backing...
and will offered in both printed/shipped patterns and PDF/downloadable patterns ~
yay!

any suggestions that you may have for a favorite design you might like to see for this series?
I have 13 sketched up, but always welcome your thoughts as well.

 So now off to the farm shop I go ~ to print, package & ship orders from the weekend.
I'm so happy that you all like my old Notecards so much!!
{ should design a few new ones too?? }

Hoping you all have a wonderful September day my friends!
~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori! I don't do Facebook…I didn't know about your back! So sorry to hear it! Since I've been working out with weights, as well as doing yoga and walking, my back problems are virtually gone. I hope you recuperate quickly, as I know how disabling it can be. Your whale is darling! I love nautical designs. We live in a one-story house, so stair rugs don't really apply to me… :(
Autumn has finally arrived! We're cool and sunny today…great for a walk. Take care, Dear.

Marcia said...

Lori,
Having a bad back myself and stairs that are steep as they used to go to the attic in my old house I empathize.
Your work is beautiful and will look so nice on the stairs.
Take care of yourself.
Marcia

elaine allerton said...

So glad ur feeling abit better! A,
Love stair risers,,,, love the whale,,,, awesome,,, will go measure my stairs in my house,,, always wanted to do them, too,,,,
Take care,,,,

Winnie said...

Wonderful whale pattern . So Nantucket in spirit too! So sorry to hear about your back and I hope you will be feeling better soon!!

Gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love seeing the ideas you come out with! Hope you're back to your best self soon - get well soon!

Unknown said...

I love the whale but I don't hook, only cross-stitch..would you consider making into a cross-stitch pattern? I love all your patterns, you are so talented!!