Tuesday, August 23, 2016

~ A little Loop-Pulling ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!

what a pleasure it has been to take my rug hooking outside on the patio again :) 
the slightest hint of Autumn is now sighing on the breeze…

making me want to play in my wools once again!




I guess those of us that love wool have so much in common ~
from the past to the present it seems…




those little loops that draw me in
allow me to hook what is around me and in my imagination ~




I've added a Rug Hooker's POLL
 to the top of my sidebar over there on the right of this page ----->

Always interested in knowing your preferences :)

Plans are underway for another Rug Hooking Class here at the farm ~ 
… thinking of perhaps a Winter-themed class project this time
maybe a mitten to hold candy canes or holly berries?
stay tuned!


 ~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

12 comments:

Kathy B said...

What cut did you use on your sunflower? It is absolutely beautiful.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

REPLY: I used a multitude of sizes for this sunflower, from a cutter blade 6 {darkest center} to a handcut 10 {outer portion} and pulled my loops higher as I worked out from the center :) the green leaves are proddy and/or hand stitched on. This is a purse I hooked and is available as a paper pattern :)
~ Lori

Vikki Gable said...

Love the sunflower!

Jane said...

You KNOW I love my Sunflower Stitches!!! This is so sweet. I voted in lots of categories!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Sunflower!!! I sense Autumn in the softening light…not so harsh. Lovely to see what you're up to, Lori!

Holly said...

I always feel cozy when I visit your site. I have been inspired to cross stich again which I haven't done since I was 20.

gracie said...

One day maybe I will give this a try. Your work is always inspiring and beautiful

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great post, Lori! Love your sunflower. I took your poll. Lori

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love your sunflowers, Lori!! I think its cool that you hook with all widths...I'm so programmed to hook with one width...ugh! Sure wish I lived closer to take a class an of course, to shop!!

OldeThreads said...

I'm not a hooker but sure love this, especially the leaves! Your farm in the Fall is the best place to be...........see ya soon!

woollabeast said...

Wonderful to see you enjoying some hooking out on your patio Lori! Our weather was much the same today & a welcome respite from the extreme heat we've had! Love seeing the progress on your BEE WITCHED rug... FUN colors & love the "quillies" & glass eyes! And your ☼Sunflower☼ purse is so prim & sweet! ♥

Hope you get some concrete news later this week. btw -- rec'd my PPNC kit yesterday & already started on it today while waiting on my hubby's routine (colonoscopy) exam ...poor him, but happy me!! He got the "all clear" from the doc ...yippy! Have a great week, thinking of you! xoxo

elaine allerton said...

So glad its cooler there,,,, so nice to be outside,,, we were not as hot as you,,, but have had a hot humid summer, we are cooler too,,,, I love it,,, you get ur energy back,,,,
Looking forward to getting my first needle punch club kit,,,,, so enjoy punching,,,, never thought I would enjoy anything else after rug hooking! But I can do both,,,,
Happy hooking,,,, hopet stays cooler,,,, hope ur feeling better, too,,,,,