*

~ Please visit our ETSY Shop for our unique patterns, supplies and wooden items
specifically designed for rug hooking, punch needle, applique, embroidery and cross stitch ~

the photos below are just a few examples of what we offer in our Etsy shop ~ kindly click on any photo to visit and see more ~


Friday, March 18, 2016

~ The Sounds of Thread…. ~

A Dear Friend stopped by the shop today ~
one whom I haven't seen in far-too-long.

a beautiful friend who brings with her happiness and joy & laughter…
was SO good seeing you today Cindy!!
please come by more often…we MISS you!
xo


So I am punching away…really I am ~
but
I'm Spring Cleaning too.
and busy working on other things for the upcoming shows.

meanwhile
I wanted to show you the progress of the last punching I was working on…
{I am finished with it now, but here are the 'in-progress' snaps}:

as you can see below,
I have begun filling my background in with DMC 310 {black, all 6 strands}




… a closer look…






Adhering to my original plan of punching this background referring to an antique rug as inspiration ~
I continue working my thread-magic and am now 'filling-in' with DMC 3021….




as I punch, 
I like to listen to my thread & punch needle…they talk to me!!

"click pop click pop click pop"
means I'm doing it correctly
{those that have taken previous classes from me understand}
LOL!!!




happily punching the remainder of this background….





… coming along nicely, almost finished with the background…
love the 
'old' look it has already ~



spring-greens have sprouted…
altho they are weeds, their happy green leaves
& small purple flowers are most welcome in my little world 

Want to learn Punch Needle??

come to me ~ or ~ I'll come to you.

I am always happy to teach anyone who is learning
 or wants to learn how to punch needle ~
AND I LOVE TO TRAVEL.
ANYWHERE.

I am always available via PM {Facebook} or Email notforgottenfarmwitch@gmail.com
or call me at 434-263-6508
 if you have a shop or guild or gathering of friends
 that want to learn Punch Needle, by all means let me know!

I am a fun teacher {well at least that's what I'm told!}
I'm SUPER informal…{come in your jammies!! I don't mind!}
I don't criticize or judge, am humble, actually what I'm known for is COAXING….
{that is a cool word, for those Engish-Majors out there!!}
and 
I am willing to learn right-along with you if you have something new for me to learn…
{and I'm sure there is MUCh for me to learn!!}

I WELCOME QUESTIONS, I WELCOME BEGINNERS, 
and I WELCOME each & every one of you to begin a wonderful adventure into
Punch Needle ~

I endorse all forms of needlework, 
because I want to see it kept alive.
and ~ because I want to see it taught some-what correctly & basically to beginners,
without beginners having to spend lots of $$ on a craft they may or may not love.

yeah, I'm rambling….
but can you tell that I'm at least enthused for you?


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

6 comments:

Cindy at Mountain Hollow said...

I really enjoyed my visit with y'all today. It has been to long since I have seen you and the shop looks GREAT!!!! I am excited about my new goodies. Thank Peter for my peg rack I found the perfect spot for it. Hope to see y'all soon. Love ya. Hugs....

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Come teach me any day m'dear!! :-)

Nancy D. said...

You are so gracious, Lori…and your punch needle design is striking!! P.S. I'm working on my blog…gonna call it The Bonnie White Hare…surprise, surprise! Love ya!

Saundra said...

I really need to do some more needle punching since those are smaller and less stressful on arthritic hands. Sheesh, it has been so long since I punched something would probably have to teach myself all over again. Each time you show one of your projects inspires me to want to pull out a project. Problem is the rug hook is bolted to my hand I think.

Marilyn Schirmer said...

Oh I wish we were closer geographically! I'm learning from you from afar...

mrsduncanmahogany said...

Oh how I wish you lived closer! As in middle of the Canadian prairies closer! :) I would so love to learn....

Previous Postings ~ So much more to see!