Friday, April 24, 2015

~ Creative Chaos ~

"For me, peace comes when I embrace the beautiful mess that I am ~ 
and that this world is…and just let it be that. "
~ Elizabeth Gilbert

and oh what a mess….

I am in the throes of the final creative week before the upcoming
PSS Retreat & Merchant Mall

full throttle
pedal to the metal
full steam ahead

my sewing room looks like a tornado has come through ~




fabrics piled here and there…
no rhyme-or-reason to 
color
pattern
...or print




loose threads
tangled selvedges
and
buttons
scattered everywhere




not that I am a neat-nic when I create ~
{{{ I tend to leave a trail of 'stuff' all around the farmhouse when I'm creating…}}}
but
when I get in the moment
I just can't stop for housecleaning, eating or
sometimes even sleep…




I go to bed at night thinking about linen, colors, fabrics, threads ~
and wake up the
 exact. 
same. 
way.




I'm working on a little collection of finished textile jewelry
now…
brooches, pins, bracelets & necklaces
made up of spent cloth, old quilts, odds & ends
of things in the bottoms of my sewing baskets & such.




I want to incorporate everything into these tiny bits of wearable art ~
snippets of lace
old fasteners & eyelets
vintage threads



and 
I'll be using these below to make a few unique things too ~




Will share again soon~

Have a most-creative day today my friends!!

~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your sewing space!!!!!

Barbara said...

My work space looks like that all the time!! You are a woman of my own heart!!

Unknown said...

Looks exciting! [even tho' my space looks as 'disorganized' as yours does(?)]
I'd love to trade places for awhile!
How fun would that be!!

Jane said...

I often ask you how you put your head down to sleep at night!! You are the most creative person I know and SUCH an inspiration!!

Barbara said...

Creative chaos leads to wonderful ideas and finishes!

Hugs

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your creativity. When my sewing room is a mess that is a good thing - it means I am happy.

Unknown said...

Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

Unknown said...

As crazy as we get in the push before an event . . it's exhilarating as well! The piles, the bits strewn about and stuck to us all over . . . others might laugh but in our own hearts we know . . . it's creativity in motion!

Have an awesome time in VA!

L

Silent Stitches said...

Organized chaos...it looks wonderful! I'm in the middle of "organizing" this chaos over here, today. (Whacked my knee on the doorframe crawling into the attic...so I'm taking a 5 minute tea-time break, 'cuz your blog always makes me smile.)
Back to work...
Have a wonderful weekend! ~C

annie said...

Looking forward to the jewelry!