Monday, September 22, 2014

Gratitude ~

As I sit here 
trying to write a post on this blog 
about the show here this past saturday ~
I realize just how blessed we are.
everything came together
everything 'worked' this year….
my heart is so very full.

the weather was perfect,
the crowd was fantastic….

the only thing I wish for was that my little shop were BIGGER !!!!
(I do so apologize for it being so blasted hot in there, but yikes! we were crowded, weren't we?)

I am tired. exhausted, really ~ but in such a way as I would do it all again tomorrow.
Seeing you all with those smiles,
getting to put names-to-faces
and receiving wonderful hugs (although quite sweaty!)
was the absolute highlight of the day for me….

ok, enough chatter ~
here are some snaps for you….

this is the shop about 10 minutes before we opened the gate ~
{it was so pretty & neat & tidy…that did NOT last long!}































Let's head outside, shall we??


our guests waiting for gates to open ~
HI EVERYONE!!!!
... and our fabulous vendors ~






Miss Nellie's Primitives



Olde Rectory Antiques



Everlastings



Olde Threads



Hi Trudy!



Bittersweet 



Cathy & Kathy



Jewel's booth



Theresa's booth



Dee Harmis Antiques



Homespun Elegance



Out of the Wood



Out of the Wood



Hi Jane!



Lois being busy!



YUM!!!!



Millstone Mercantile



Lee & Jack clowning around (per usual)



the Burlap Owl



Peter & Joan



me & Nan Lewis

me & the girls from the Prim Stitchers Society Facebook Group
(what a bunch of nuts ~ I LOVE you all…please come back sooooon)

my handsome, hardworking hubby ~ Peter


Our heartfelt THANKS go to:

Lee & Robin ~ {Millstone Mercantile} 
for your dedication, friendship and help with making our show what it has become.

Felicia Martin ~ {my right hand, my left hand and everything in between}
I couldn't function without you.

Robin M. & Cindy ~ {two of the most wonderful friends anyone could ever hope to have}
your help in the shop was so very very appreciated ~ we love you!

Nadia & Bella ~ {Felicia's beautiful daughters}
you were a HUGE help to us ~ thank you girls!!

Our Families ~ who put up with us, support us and give us 'space' when we are not at our best.
you hold our hearts…

Hannah & Peter:
Yes, I'm crazy ~ yes I'm sometimes off the wall.
yes I love you both more than you will ever ever know….

To All of our Fabulous Vendors:
Having you be here is the integral part of this event…without you, this show would not exist.
THANK YOU for always being there for us, for always being a positive gift in our lives!!


...and to the Friends and Folk that came out to see us all ~
please know that we value each and every one of you…
YOU are the reason
why we do what we do.



* Blessed be *
 Lori

21 comments:

Jane said...

It was such a lovely day and a fun time was had by all. I'm so grateful to have been a part of the Magic that is always at Notforgotten Farm. It's amazing how things work out, isn't it, Lori? With thanks, hugs, and love...
Jane

Lori Ann Corelis said...

How wonderful . . .
I'm so happy the day was amazing !

L

marly said...

I was there in spirit but because of my dysfunctional attention span, it wasn't for very long. The photos brought tears to my eyes!! Exactly the type of event I love and your vendors also have amazing goods. maybe one day....

Theresa said...

Looks wonderful!! Why oh why can't there be amazing shows like this in Canada??!!! Americans get all the good stuff :)

NMK said...

Everything looks Wonderful ! A perfect sunny day & every booth looks filled with wonderful treasures ! Coming to your shop & fair is on My Bucket List !!!!

TeresaM said...

I can't thank you enough Lori for a wonderful day! This is my "most favorite" show where I sell my wares! Looking forward to next year!!!

Beth in NEPA said...

I sincerely hope I can figure out a way to get down to your "show" nezt year. What wonderful weather you had too. All the prim stitchers groups members that were able to get there are raving on about it. I am so jealous.

Jennifer M said...

Lori it look's like it was wonderful....hoping to make it next year:)

Prairie Primitives Folk Art said...

Lori, looks fantastic! Wish your show & shop weren't on the other side of the country!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Lori....what a wonderful time and a wonderful show!! Your shop is amazing...but I wanted to see the after pictures as well!! I'm so happy the weather was so good for all of you...next year, I'm hoping to be down there!!

beeinstitches said...

Lori, once again it was a wonderful show! Love, love, love your shop! The vendors all bring fabulous stuff. Thanks to everyone for their effort!!!

Alicia Rapking said...

I thought about the gathering all day Saturday and was hoping that all was going well. Maybe next year I will be there! Peace.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Looks so very wonderful! Someday...someday!
Robyn

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

It was a real treat to attend the show with so many of my friends. Lori, you were the perfect host and friend. Making each one of us feel so welcome and special. This will now be a tradition for a bunch of us. Thanks for such a fun day!

quiltsbycheri said...

so envious of all who got to be there....just told my husband "pretty please" to next show, he would love it too!

Wendy S. said...

Oh my stars! I wish so badly that I could have been there!! Thank you for sharing the pictures! Maybe one day I will be able to get to the other side of the country to visit your shop. Many successes to you!

LaNelle said...

What a perfect place! So sorry I couldn't be in attendance but hoping to do so in the future...thanks for sharing great photos. Many blessings...

Daniela Bencúrová said...

You have a wonderful shop !!!
Even retailers that have beautiful!
I love such an atmosphere:-)
Girlfriend you very you look beautiful:-)
Even your husband Peter is cool:-))

Bittersweetfolkart said...

We had a wonderful time !!
Thank you again for inviting us !
xx

Ronda said...

Looks like an amazing show Lori. So wish I lived closer...wonderful photos, thanks so much for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my blog...

blessings,
~ronda

HomeSpunPrims said...

Your show and shop looked wonderful Lori! I spied a few things I wouldn't have minded having. Thanks for showing us.
Hugs, Lori