Monday, July 28, 2014

"Thimble Coffin" October Class Project ~


Here are the photos of the project
 for our upcoming October 18th class here at the farm ~

"Thimble Coffin"

4" diameter box ~ cross stitched portion on lid of box
 I chose to finish my box with two different cotton fabrics ~
one beautiful cheddar-colored print with black flowers for the band on the lid,
and a moss green hued cotton fabric with black vine for the box band…

Class students will have a variety of cotton prints to choose from, all will be Harvest/Hallowe'en colors :)


tied up with a pretty black ribbon


here is the stitched portion
 that class participants will stitch before the class ~


students will receive project pattern, threads
 and the 32ct. Old Farmhouse Linen from ©Notforgotten Farm, 


 easy finishing, 
but the surprise lies inside ~


take a peek ~

...inside is a cozy place to tuck in your favorite thimble ~
nestled down into hand dyed pumpkin colored velvet…


the inside of the box is lined with old ledger paper copies, as is the lid ~


there is a 'secret' to this finishing, that only class members will learn about ~
 shhhhhhh…..


my thimble quietly rests ~


 This happens to be just one of my favorite Sterling thimbles ~
it has a scrolling-vine and little 'honeycomb' patterrn to it…



sew pretty

 Here is a closer look at where the thimble 'rests' :



indentation of my thimble


 There is room in this box 
to carry all sorts of your small needfuls too ~


buttons, pins….floss, etc.


and when class is finished, we'll make theses with leftover velvet scraps!


tiny velvet pumpkins

I have SEVEN students signed up, 
so that means ONE more space is available to come on out to Notforgotten Farm
and make this spooky-sweet Thimble Coffin with us ~
email me at Not4got@aol.com

Also,
I need ADDRESSES PLEASE for those of you who are signed up:
Heather C.
Carolyn M.
Robin M.
Nancy B.
Barbara R.
Kay B.
Sharon S.

get them to me please via email so I can mail out your kits!!
Thanks so much my Friends ~

Have a *SPARKLING* day!!

* Blessed be * 
Lori

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely darling!! Love the velvet…. truly wished i lived on the east coast again….

NMK said...

What a Fun project ! Wish I lived closer too !

Simply Quaint said...

Only if I lived closer as well.....sounds like fun....
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Very cute!, I wish I lived closer!!

Unknown said...

Lori,

Oh what a fun class! those students are blessed to live nearby! Love everything about the project! Where do you find Sterling silver thimbles?

Martha

Christine Crocker said...

dear dear dear~
love~

Unknown said...

Love to see what you change the wall paper(your top header) to… about once a week? you have something new!!!

Ronda said...

Oh how sweet!

Dogwood Farm said...

Oh, I love it!!
xo

Kathy L. said...

LOVE IT. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods.

Kathy

Christine said...

I love it as well !!!! Looks like there are a lot of us who would take the class if we were close.....have you considered doing a online class?

I always love your work.....Christine , Washington State

Debra W said...

Adorable! Wish I lived nearer.

Judy said...

What an adorable project. I would love to attend your classes, but live too far away.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Tammy Burks said...

Most delightful coffin I've ever seen!

Lauralee Spence said...

Absolutely precious! Oh, if I were in driving distance I would surely take this class! Would love it if you could offer an online class!

Lynn said...

OMG Lori, this is just the sweetest piece!! I wish very much that I lived closer to you and could join in on your class. Have you ever thought of doing an online class?

Unknown said...

Your kittens are adorable! I am really partial to tabbies so little Tig is so cute! I'm really glad they all made it thur their surgeries well. I do cat rescue and we spay/neuter kittens all the time. I know you were a little afraid of it but the kittens seem to bounce back so quickly as soon as the anesthesia wears off. Now I'm wondering one thing...as an cat rescuer I advocate spay/neuter to try to keep the population down...so I was wondering if mamma cat will be the next one at the vets?

janice15 said...

It looks as if it came from out of time.. Lovely and I just love thimbles as well I have several I found back when my father cleaned Estates out.. I just last week ordered a glass one with violets on it.. It's love wish I was clost by to make a box too.. really pretty with love Janice