*

~ Please visit our ETSY Shop for our unique patterns, supplies and wooden items
specifically designed for rug hooking, punch needle, applique, embroidery and cross stitch ~

the photos below are just a few examples of what we offer in our Etsy shop ~ kindly click on any photo to visit and see more ~


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rainy Sunday Musings ~

 
Happy St. Patricks Day to you!
it is a rainy day here on the farm ~ well-needed rain.
 
I finished hooking my sheep rug, now I just need to bind it.
 
 
happy little sheep


I worked in a little bit of black repro calico cotton fabric here & there
for a little interest...

finished size is approx. 15" x 17"


here is a close up of the hooked-in cotton calico fabric:

just a little bit of  'spark' ~ not too noticeable, but catches your eye still.

you can see where I added more of the calico in the center of the number 8 in the date,
some in the upper left and lower right corners as well.
 



I like it.
I'm happy with it and once it is finished I'll share it with you again...
I'm thinking of a braided edge, or perhaps some prodded wool edging.
any suggestions?
 
AND
 
we are POSTPONING our April 20th Pat Cross Wool Applique Class!
Pat & I are thinking that a class in Autumn would work better for us both
since we are both busy busy busy with lots of 'spring-y' things!
I'll post the new date on my Classes page and post more about it as it nears.
 
Have a wonderful Sunday, enjoy your green beer, corned beef & soda bread....
(I'm making meatballs & sausages!)
 
Lori from
Notforgotten Farm

11 comments:

thesimplethyme said...

Love the rug Lori, do you have a name for this little guy yet?...have a great day!

blessings,
Ronda

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, your sheep rug turned out so beautiful, love it......Irish Blessings To You, Francine.

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Perfection !

L

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your rug. So beautiful.

P.J. said...

Erin go bragh! Lovely finish. Enjoy the rain.

~Backroad Treasures~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin ~ Bird In The Hand Primitives ~ said...

Love your finished sheep rug !! You have great instincts when it comes to the changes you made !!!
Robin

kelley said...

reminds of a song I learned in junior high...little lamb, little lamb, little innocent lamb, I'm a gonna serve God until I die...wonderful rug...

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
So pretty as I knew it would be!
Karen

Jane said...

What a sweet little sheep! We had green beer at the Blue Mountain Barrel House!

thesimplequiet said...

such a perfect, gentle lamb ~ just love the way it turned out!

rebecca

Previous Postings ~ So much more to see!