Friday, October 07, 2011

Mum's the Word ~

Good Morning Folks!

Miss Felicia & I are heading out for the
Fishersville Antiques Expo ~


hoping to find all kinds of needful things :)

but first,
here are some snaps of our black walnut trees
and our GINORMOUS mum plant (bush!)


I love the nuts while they're still on the trees,
but
hate to pick them up ~
something about rusty buckets, cornstalks and pumpkins
make my heart sing ~

and here is the mother of all mum's...

I affectionately call her 'mummy'...
yes, I talk to my plants ~
i talk to my gardens, the trees, and anyone else who will listen!

perhaps that's why she grows so big every year?

I'll post tomorrow with the goods from the show ~
Have a *SPARKLING* Autumn day my Friends!!


blessings from the farm,
Lori

10 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMG,you aren't kidding when you say Ginormous. Is that all from one plant? It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OMG,you aren't kidding when you say Ginormous. Is that all from one plant? It is beautiful.

primitivebettys said...

Beautiful Mum indeed! Have a great weekend my friend! :-)

Penny said...

I always wondered why my chrysanthemums never came back. Now I know - I don't talk to them. :) I will have to give it another go. Your's is spectacular!

Jane said...

Of course you talk to your plants!! Doesn't everyone? It is a sparkling day, today. We went target shooting and pumpkin and apple shopping. Love life in the country!

cucki said...

they are so lovely..have a lovely weekend dear xx

TheCrankyCrow said...

Holy Mummy of Mums!!! That thing is HUGE!!! Gorgeous!!! And - oh....wish we had some black walnuts nearer....they're a wee finicky in these parts, but do grow....Love your photos...Hope you and Miss Flea had a wonderful time....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jonette said...

What a beautiful mum! Great to see you today at Fishersville. Hope you found a lot of treasures. Have fun on your trip!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful!!!
smiles
Teresa