Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene has left the building....

{{... this is how Suzy & I work ~}}


Miss Irene came & left...
high winds, sheets of rain ~ but insignificant, really.
my stars, how the Media plays things up...
Doomsayers, they are.



Yes, I know..
we have to be prepared.
ABSOLUTELY.


but
do they need to incessantly bombard us
every minute of every day leading up
to it?


oh well...technology does allow us to know ahead of time of disasters,
and gives us time to prepare.


but I just think that the News and Radio stations really try to scare us!




ANYhoo, it was a good day to stitch!!



I've ALMOST finished the new designs to be released...
(please no whipping with a wet noodle)
AND
working on the last of my Early Work Mercantile offerings for the first...

I've been in such a mood for Fall to come...
and those magazines mentioned in a previous post are not helping at all...
so, in all,
that is why my blog has this new, WONDERFUL template from
AMYBUG



if you're looking for something unique, vintage or primitive for your blog
I highly recommend her, you're sure to find something you like AND she'll upload it for you!


(she's a peach for doing that)

So, my day will be spent grocery shopping, changing the air filter in my car,
going to a pocketbook & purse party at Felicia's house
(not sure what else to call it)


then back home to stitch.





hoping you are all safe & sound and Irene has left your area too.

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

12 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Lori, the tropical storm is in NYC right now and we in Western MA have already had trees and large limbs come down on our roof and bounce down to the yard. We are in a heavily wooded lot (thus the name Glen Oaks Primitives) and I'm scared to death and it's not even here yet! I'm going to re-read your post and take your calmness in and chill out.
I'm trying to stitch on a sampler in between blogging.
Warm Regards,
Susan B., Western MA

barbara said...

Gorgeous new template!

We are going to be visited by Irene soon, and I am also weary of the sensationalism. It seems to me we've become a society of fear in recent years. We have the candles and battery-powered lights set aside, and water enough for the livestock for a day or two, and matches. I'm thankful we have a gas stove and that we know how to spend time together and enjoy it. :)

Shakerwood said...

Don't you just love Amybugs. I've used her for a couple of years now for my primitive blog and my website. She is a dream to work with!

Teresa said...

That is why I like earthquakes, no warning for days and and days.
Enjoy your purse party.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Penny said...

I have to agree with you girls about the sensationalism surrounding these storms. We are just coming out of the storm here in the NY/NJ area. We have had some damage, but not what I had expected. Thank God.... but still.... The reporters had me scared to death.

Glad you are well, Lori, and made it through the storm with little trouble. I will be stitching the day away as well.... Hoping to get Azaila Nye in the mail soon and start working on that sampler... it is a great one!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad to hear you're safely on the other side of Irene and it was as uneventful as it was. I had CNN yesterday for a while and thought of you - they sure seemed to think Virginia was going to get blasted....Love your new "look" - how fun - and I'm glad Suzy is such a big helper!!! What a cutie pie!! Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mindi said...

I'm glad everyone survived Irene-the-storm-to-end-all-storms-that-really-wasn't. The new blog template is fantastic, but the link to her site is giving me a "page can't be found" error.

Cindy said...

Irene left us about 4am. She left behind no power and leaves and limbs in the yard. Only one tree down and not on the house. I will be stitching outside until the power is reconnected. She could have been much worse.

Penny said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one with a cat "assistant". Glad you survived the hurricane. We only endured a short power outage-definitely glad she's gone! I love your new template. Can't wait to see the new designs.

Sea Witch said...

so glad to hear that all is well with you. Lots of my friends and family are dealing with flooding but so far, no real problems. Blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

cucki said...

i am so glad that you are all well..my sister is in maryland and i am very worried for her..i hope this storm pass soon..this is all very scary..
i love the new blog look..so nice..love for you my dear friend xx

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

So glad the storms were less than called for. They do hype it up but I think because it makes for good drama in the viewing ratings. I see a tattoo on your arm, know you have one on your wrist...can we take a peak at the design?? We were just at our favorite tattoo parlor Saturday night so I could continue my search for a vintage angel design. Fun but no luck!! Still working on our Autumn Stitchers Challenge, too many colors I love...I'm at a bit of a decision breaker!! Happy stitching ~Kriss~