Thursday, May 19, 2011

Quilt Shop Giddiness!





~ Oh my Stars & Garters!!!!
a bunch of beautiful NEW fat 1/4's & fat 1/8's in my old wooden trug...



I could look at them all day long...
wondering what delicious primitiveness can be made from them.


most are my Civil War repro's of course,
but I did add some new reds from
French General & Moda ~


I tend to lean towards Earthier colors,
and my palette is somewhat subdued ~
BUT
the motifs are mostly organic in Nature...
...leaves, vines, berries, florals & little birds.


these colors remind me of my herb gardens...
sweet & ripe and full of life right now,
...but still with a little undertone of mellowness.



I'll be using these in finished items for the
Summer in the Valley show
on July 23rd
(see link on sidebar)



and will have more finished items coming to my regular etsy shop soon!
(I'll post here when I do!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, a little more sunshine today...
tomorrow is looking better and that's good
as I have folks coming out to the shop.

Wishing you all a quiet & colorful day!!!


Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

3 comments:

Gayle said...

YUM - I think I would just sit and look at that old trug all day long and not feel at all guilty about not actually using it for anything! LOL

Rebecca said...

Ah yes, the earth colours and the repetitive geometric patterns of calico are so soothing.... I could look at them all day long too. Looking forward to seeing what you create with them! Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yummy fabrics, Lori! I'm smitten with the Civil War repros...wish I had a better supply source in these parts....I don't use a whole lot of fabrics, but for pinkeep backings and the such, they're the best! Enjoy! Smiles & Hugs, Robin