Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Farmhouse Vignettes ~

The laundry is hanging out to dry, the farmhouse is clean & shiny ~


so I thought I'd just snap a few pics and share them with you while I'm 'between' projects!


a favorite wooden trug filled with old sewing hoops, string, thread & buttons...

a sweet old doll, companion and blue bowl

graces the front of my blue mantle...


children's clothing grace a pegrack made from tobacco stick & old nails...

the open cupboard is my absolute favorite & I fill her with

my beautiful covered box collection ~


AND

how true is the saying here:
I love old motto samplers, and this one is done in blackwork...

it is frayed and faded, but still stands the test of time~ like True Friendship!!


Today ~ I will be working on finished goods for the open house~ good, old fashioned primitive-farmhouse wares & decor...

...simple & true,

from Me to You!


Have a beautiful day, my friends!


Blessings from the Farm...Lori

7 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Love your sweet things...makes for a simply lovely home...thanks so much for sharing...blessings

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

Hi Lori,

Thank you for sharing your treasures. I love that trug and all it's contents...
Blessings, Traci

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post full of wonderful photos. Thankss :)

Beckyjean said...

Lori~

Love the trug with all the treasures inside. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your trug is great...I love it as a sewing notions holder.
Enjoy!
Courtney

Primitive Echoes said...

I love all the pictures. Especially the shelf with all the boxes. Thanks for sharing.
Kat

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love all your prim things~
especially the little black work
saying.
Can't wait to see what your working on.
Prim Blessings
Robin