Friday, December 17, 2010

Something Different ~

It was the year 2006 ~
I wanted badly to design a calendar of my whimsical drawings ~
to perhaps offer a bit of myself to those that follow my work...
I illustrated 12 pages, all intended to be compiled together
to form this said calendar...
I doodled and drew, colored and sketched.....
and the outcome was beautiful,
{{if I should be allowed to say so myself...}

BUT
instead,
I emailed the pictures over
to my friend Kris at www.spruceridgestudios.com
and asked her if any of my drawings would interest her for rug hooking patterns...
she obliged, worked her magic and produced some wonderful patterns for hooked rugs,
all adapted from my said designs...
(which, by your emails & comments,
have been well recieved ~ Thank You for that!)
now that 2010 is almost over,
I've felt a little melancholy about these drawings...
I feel they should be shared in their proper format...
So I offer you~

Notforgotten Farm's ~ calendar of days 2011
a sweet little calendar, filled with my original drawings...
a way to share my love of folk art with you all,
~ 365 days a year !!
it measures 8.5" x 11"
(closed)
and is printed on
acid-free, 67 lb. Ivory Wausau Cardstock
to better enhance my primitive Folk Art...
each month,
you will be visited by an original illustration~
one coming from my hands and heart....
I personally can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year~
to purchase, you can email me here,
of visit my Ebay or Etsy sites...
(links are on my side-bar)
finally,
~things are coming full-circle for me & I feel great about it!

Here's looking towards 2011,
with confidence, pride & humility...
and especially,
Thanks from you all....
Wishing you everything Merry & Bright

~ Lori ~

2 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Lori ~~ Best of Luck with your calendar I'm sure it is Beautiful and will be well received. Sorry to say I already have all my calendars, would have loved to see your work each day.
Wishing you & yours a Blessed Merry Christmas !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Cathy G. said...

Hi Lori,
I've often thought you should make a calendar from your wonderful artwork! I am delighted and have placed my order! I can't wait to get it! A well designed calendar these days is getting so hard to find! Especially one along Folk Art lines and primitives. Thanks so much and may you have a Merry Christmas and many many more inspired creative blessings in the year to come!
Hugs!
Cathy G