Tuesday, December 14, 2010

playing with fabrics ~

We went out to the quiltshop yesterday...
I swear I get light-headed anytime I walk into a quiltshop~

I found these:


...a beautiful pallette of beiges, cream, brown, red & faded blue....
perfect for the punch needle project I'm working on!
(just don't know which fabric I'll end up using,
but I do have a preference,
which is subject to change luike everything else I do! LOL)
see the basket the fabric is in?
it is a wonderfully old, shaker-style swing-handled one in awesome
dry, crackled oyster-colored paint.
...perfect.
found it on our way home from the quiltshop,
at a local antiques shop that just-so-happens to
be on the way....so we had to stop, right?
(nodding head here.)
~~~~~~~

the Christmas Concert last-night was beautiful,
(too dark in there for any pics, sorry)
but Hannah performed her flute solo without a hitch...
we're so proud of her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today will be spent packing up orders and purchases,
the temps are only in the teens this morn,
and won't go much higher throughout the day,
...so I'll need my wool mittens and 'long-janes' for sure.

and
I'm thinking
chicken & dumplings for supper,
what do you think?

Have a wonderfully creative day spent playing !!!!
~ Lori ~

5 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I love these fabrics, just beautiful!!! What time should I be over for dinner? :)

connie said...

lovely fabrics..chicken and dumplings sounds so yummy to me..I fixed chicken with homemade noodles yesterday for supper and it really hit the spot with this cold weather we are having..

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

That's what I was thinkin' Connie~ and Diva ~ supper is at 6:00 !!!
~Lori :)

from me to thee......... said...

I love fabric, sometimes I really hate to cut it.

Martin House said...

i like it very much...