Thursday, February 18, 2010

{ Fuzzy Slippers & Mint Tea }

Ain't she sweet?

Fuzzy Slippers and Mint tea...
...they go together well, don't you think?
well I do.
Mint Tea helps calm my nerves before a show...
and tomorrow is set up.

and the "fuzzy" slippers aren't exactly intentional,
it just sorta kinda happens when you're working with mohair,
and distressing bears & such...

Speaking of Bears,
up there is a sneak peak of my lastest girl,
I haven't named her yet, but she is quite beguiling....
she's another 16" bear, from my own pattern...
she has reproduction Civil War-era foot pads and is 5X jointed with bolts & washers...
stuffed with old clean rags for a nice vintage feel...
Lavender-colored German blown-glass eyes, too...
her little dress is an antique,...one made long ago by someone who cared...
it is made from old feedsack fabric, with sweet little white milk-glass buttons...it is torn and tattered, but that's what makes it endearing, don't you think?

She is my favorite so far...
and will be accompanying me tomorrow for set-up...
any suggestions for names?

I'll take pics of set-up tomorrow,
...then I probably won't be here to post again until Sunday...
sooooo....wish me luck!
Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

8 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

She is adorable . . I thought her name was "Fuzzy Slippers", she too cute. She's a sure seller at your show this weekend.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Thanks Sandy!!!
Fuzzy Slippers would be a good name for her!
right now I'm so stressed, I want to WEAr my fuzzy slippers to the show!!!
Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Oh, Lori!!..She is beautiful!!!...I love bears!...You're so talented!..Thank you so much for leaving your kind comment on my blog about my new pattern...It meant alot to hear from you!!..Have a fun weekend!!..It is nice to know that even an artist as good as you are gets nervous before a show also...Drink lots of tea!!~~hugs,Jen

Ann said...

Lori, She is adorable! Let us know her name when she has one. I'm looking past the fuzzy slippers to the basket in the background, beautiful. ~Ann

LINDA BYLSMA said...

How about Clementine?

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I am with Linda B - Clementine !! Or Clemie for short. She is so cute !!!

Robin said...

I love the pink...what about Hope? or Beatrice? See you tomorrow.
Sleep tight

Robyn said...

She's adorable! How about Darlin' because she is...darling. Or Precious because she is....precious.