Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

...and for the occasion, I whipped up this sweet
Chinese print Full-Apron!


I'm tall, almost 6 ft.,
so I made it long and added deep pockets
towards the bottom of the apron, using a complimentary print fabric...
The fabrics came from the 'sale' section o f my local Jo-ann's Fabrics store...
I made another apron too, in browns, with two different sized pockets
and stitched a little sparrow-bird print to one of the pockets...
I'm just having some fun!
How many of you girls out there wear aprons?
I'm wearing mine more & more...they're great to carry my glasses & cell phone in when i'm working here in the shop, and of course, I wear my 'messy' one for cleaning and painting...
I found a pattern from Indygo Junction for some smock-type tops,
... that are nice & long
(to cover my belly bulge and bum)
I think once i get that pattern i'll try my hand at making some of those...
they look like a more 'fashionable' scrub-top
(which I love, they're SOOooo comfy...
i used to wear mine from the dental office till they fell apart!)
Hoping that you are all creating something wonderful!!!!
xoxoxox
~Lori~

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the apron! yep...I wear them too!

janeu729 said...

You're just going a mile a minute!! The apron is so pretty and unique.
Your redwork inspired me. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Fingers crossed for snow!

Katy said...

I absolutely LOVE aprons....although, my one problem is that the ones around the neck bother me. I love the ones for around the waist...but then my shirt gets messy...LOL. I think I need one that is more like a smock type or something? I don't know what they are called though...the go over the shoulders and criss cross in the back?
Anyway...I love the apron you made! You did a wonderful job! :)