Sunday, February 18, 2018

~ Thinking Ahead ~

... Or should I have named this posting:
Stitching ahead ~ Springing ahead?

My needle has found me, once again ~
giving these tired old farmwife hands of mine a break from punching & hooking ~
well, for a bit anyway...


I'm in the process of winding all of my thread cards onto my small wooden spools
so I can use them on my Spool Caddy ~


 ~ and I was coming to some little-used colors that I have in my massive collection of threads...
and thought; how very cheerful and springy they are!


I decided there & then to begin stitching up a little something for Spring.
and what better harbinger than beautiful happy daffodils?



While charting, the name 'Daffodil Hill' came to mind.
So mote it be then.

Daffodil Hill will be stitched and offered as a pattern for those who love 
happy little cross stitches in bright & sunny colors!

• my threads are DMC
• my linen is 36ct Bark from Wichelt 
{but I will stain it after the stitching is completed}
and I'm using one strand of thread {doubled} and stitching over 2 threads of linen.

will keep sharing progress on Instagram in the evenings:
https://www.instagram.com/notforgottenfarm/

~ Things I'm Thankful For ~
my family & friends. {human and animal}
a good sense of humor.
my aching back is a feeling bit better.
my hookers-hands {that sounds funny} are getting a much needed rest.
it did not snow yesterday.
it rained yesterday.
lots of steaming hot green tea with organic honey in my favorite mug.
a hard working husband that loves me still.
blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup.



Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

NMK said...

Looks pretty !!!! We got 4" of snow over night ...looks pretty , but I want warm sunny days !!!! And flowers !!!!

Cheryl R said...

Bless you and your creative mind. You cheer my days and I always look forward to reading and seeing your next project.


Shari said...

Spring and flowers and cross stitch...how wonderful! I will be following 🐰

Anonymous said...

Oh, Daffodils...my very favorite flower! Love the cocoa linen...and no doubt Daffodil Hill will be a longtime favorite. Sip that tea, Lori! And have a lovely Sunday...

C Reeder PhxAz said...

We got rain for the first time in 100+ days. Love the new header - really fits you. Looking forward to seeing this piece finished up.

Robin in Virginia said...

Daffodil Hill is looking good, Lori. We had a wintery mix in my part of VA yesterday. It left a crusty coating of ice on the grass and the side porch.

Penny said...

Looking forward to seeing the finish of Daffodil Hill, which I imagine will be lovely and something I will have to have!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,,
This is sweet stitchery!!
Love ur heart basket, too,,,,
Have one of those,,,, so sweet,,,,
Thanks for sharing,,,,