Saturday, February 24, 2018

~ Saturday Morning Musings ~

~ Good Morning Friends & Folk ~ 

It's Saturday {again}!
 geeez how the weeks {months, years...} fly by, don't they?

I have to admit, since my back has been acting up and I've been 'planted' on the couch 
I didn't even know that today was Saturday until I looked at my computer screen.

I've had my head buried in thread and my hands busily stitching ~
always taking advantage of down-time and putting it to creative use.

I'm working on a little witch. a pansy witch, me thinks...
or fern ~ or strawberry since she has red hair?
oh! 4 leaf clovers!
that's it ~
 a LUCKY little witch she is then.
{who says witches are just for Hallowe'en?}
<|:~)
 
I'll finish her dress & hat then begin choosing the 'greens' 
for her foliage which will surround her...fun fun!
{I may even offer her for sale when she's finished!}

hello!

In other news ~

the daff's are up! 
poking about 5-6 inches out of the red southern clay soil we have here...
which, btw is still a bit soggy from the last rains we had.


And look at these two:
each morning, our sheep Esther & Bobby 
~ walk around the barn and head on out to the big field to graze and nibble on the new sprouts... 
they are old now, and go much slower than they used to ~ 
... especially Esther, who we think to be about 15 yrs or so.
Bobby, her son is 8-ish if my calculations are correct
{ he is devoted to her and never leaves her side }


just a happy snap of our Roosty, showing off his spring feathers :)


 Here are two books I recently found at Joann's store and got with 50% off coupons!
I am so happy that they accept coupons on books now ~

these are two very good, inspirational books on my favorite subject:
Hand & Surface Embroidery



AND
Progress on the shop:
Peter & Chris have been working every day on the shop...
and yesterday our friend Lee a.k.a. Mr. Millstone 
{Robin's sweet hubby & Millstone Mercantile's main-man} 
came out to help Pete with the pegboard...
 it will be painted a very soft, light grey color, along with the trim and floors
and the walls will be a brighter white


the lower shelves are in the process of being built, as you can see in the photo below...
 

we can't believe the change already ~ 
we are excited to reopen and have you in for a visit! 


We are planning a grand reopening day with our fresh look and new products,
that will also include an outdoor market of vintage items, plants and flea market goods!

 stay tuned for more on that ~

Well Happy weekend my friends,
hoping you all have a peaceful & creative one!
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds so exciting!!!! I'll be looking forward to the new shop!

Penny said...

Oh how I wished I lived closer so I could join in all the excited things coming up!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Hmmm..... I can see a trip to Virginia in the very near future....,

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better then, Lori? Your spirits certainly are soaring...but how could they not soar with all the positive things happening in your surroundings! It's looking GREAT! Love the little Lucky Witch you've stitched---I swear she had a purplish hue :)! Your woolly and feathery friends are just precious...

NMK said...

Your shop looks great !!!! Would love to be there for your grand opening , but you are too far away ..... Love your Witch !

elaine allerton said...

Hoping ur back is getting better,,, yikes,,, you sure dont stop,,,,
Love the witch,,, wow,,, you have alot going on,, in your life,,, busy , busy,,
Your shop is goingbto be beautiful, ,,,, wish I was close,,,,
But will sure mail order from you,,,,
Hows the sheep coming ?! Bet u have it almost done by now,,,,
Cant believe flowers up,,, not here yet! Darn,,, its suppose to freeze rain,,, then warmer then snow next week, what a messy weather forecast,,,
Thanks for sharing ur beautiful work and pics of ur sweet animals,,, esther and bobby , what sweet faces!!

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful and spacious..hoping you are feeling better..

Cctv Tasikmalaya said...

wow, its cute atmosfher :)